Quick Update: I've graduated...

Karen_L

My CT with contrast happened Monday, I received results Monday afternoon, and met with the oncologist today. 

The scan indicates that my situation is stable. 

My oncologist says I can go from scans every two months to scans every three months. 

Brain checkin next month. 

I am very very grateful.

Head MRI scheduled for Saturday. I made the mistake of saying to myself, "What if the here's something and I need gamma knife before our trip to Italy but I have a reaction...." and managed to freak myself out. Lesson to everyone else facing scans: Any thought starting with what if will mess up your head. DON"T DO IT. Now I'm working hard to get my thinking back into the present hour. Sheesh. You'd think I'd know better. But I'm going to Italy, so that's awesome....

Ahhh, the nasty what ifs, they rule/ruin my life! On the other hand you are dismissing negative thinking and going to fabulous Italy so you are doing much better than me, I am too 'worried' to drive to Seattle from Vancouver!

Whereabouts in Italy are you touring? What a gorgeous place this time of year, have a blast!

Thanks, Lily. We’re going in a month, to the Big Three: Rome, Florence, Venice. I think back to just two years ago, when I was diagnosed. It’s amazing to be alive, and I never want to forget to be grateful for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @LilyMir. Aside from the panic attack when the notification came in that I had a new test result, it was fine. 🤪  By that, I mean nothing changed.

It's weird how each doc reads a scan differently. Each time I have one, I learn about something new  in my brain, none of which has been mentioned before. Some of it is CYA, I know, so by now I read only for the pertinent news: anything new that's suspicious for metastasis? Any activity in the treated spot? No? Then I'm fine. 

I had coffee with an old old friend this morning. She and her husband love to travel, but her husband has such serious arthritis and bone density issues that he is always in pain. I swear, we are so lucky that we have therapies that can make it possible to live meaningful lives....

Thanks for asking!

Sorry about the panic attack, I know those vicious attacks well, but yayyyy, I was so worried as I did not see an update from you, congrats!

I get you about different radiologist styles and opinions. My scan last time had such a short report. The one before was so detailed and quantitative. I still feel this latest (locum) radiologist may have been an idiot like the one who missed my tumour 5 years ago and somehow I still cannot shake my doubt. I don't know why they are not consistent in their reporting, I guess it takes time, time is money, and so on.

Time for planning the best vacation in Italy! Rome, Venice and Florence are art lover's absolute dream. Once you get your fill of the cities, next time consider an extended stay in a villa in Tuscany, or pop over to France for a mediterranean beach bliss. Keep planning for good times.

@LilyMir We're in deep planning mode. We start preventative self-prescribed Covid lockdown after next weekend, just in case. 

It's good to see you planning someone else's future travel-- that means your brain is getting ready for you to do some planning for your own.

K