Hello

Julielew

Hi! My name is Julie. I’m 57 years young, but feeling old today!  Just so tired. I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in 2017. Stage 1A. Blessed that it was caught so early.  Five hears later at recheck it came back this time in my pancreas.  It was a blessing that it was lung cancer although it was now classified stage four. I’m now a year out from its return. Post surgery and chemo. Now on Tagrisso. The weight of living with a gene mutation that is trying to grow inside me - has hit me during the past few weeks. So grateful that I’m here but still so scared. And the fatigue is so draining. Most days I’m very positive, but today. Different story. I’ll be better tomorrow. Glad I found this group. 

Julie 

Julie,

Welcome aboard! I was diagnosed at 53 in 2004 and spent nearly 4 years in near-constant treatment. I also had 5 recurrences after curative treatments (!) and accordingly, completely understand what you are going through. I'm not unique. Most lung cancer survivors experience a recurrence. Our disease is so deadly because it frequently recurrs. Hopefully, Tagrisso takes hold and brings you to no evidence of disease (NED).

Stay the course.

Tom

16 minutes ago, Tom Galli said:

Julie,

Welcome aboard! I was diagnosed at 53 in 2004 and spent nearly 4 years in near-constant treatment. I also had 5 recurrences after curative treatments (!) and accordingly, completely understand what you are going through. I'm not unique. Most lung cancer survivors experience a recurrence. Our disease is so deadly because it frequently recurrs. Hopefully, Tagrisso takes hold and brings you to no evidence of disease (NED).

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks Tom!  I’m praying the Tagrisso is effective!

Hi Julie,

I understand exactly what you mean-- the awareness hits like a ton of bricks. Figuring out what to do with all the feelings and thoughts sometimes seems as hard as dealing with the cancer treatments. All I can do when the fear hits is take slow, deep breaths and keep my mind exactly where my body is. After two years of living with stupid lung cancer, the fear still comes, but it has much less power over me now.  So, welcome to this group of amazing folks. Please keep us posted.

Karen