I found a venue!

Andrea

I got the venue! I got the venue! I go on Wed at 7:30am to pay. It is Laguna Niguel Park go to www.ocparks.com and search for Laguna Niguel. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! The walk is Sunday Nov 7, same weekend as the other walk :)

The large picnic shelter holds 250 people. The ranger is making an excpetion and allowing low level ampliphying sound. The other location which sat 400 was soooooo hilly, I could barely walk to the area!! :)

This has ample parking and close bathrooms and the park is great. I have one concern--INSURANCE. I didn't want to call around today b/c I am nervous for my husband's colonoscopy tomorrow and my mom's radiation oncologist consult tomorrow, so I will call Wed.

If the difference in insurance between like a picnic and a walk is over $1000, I will just make it a Lung Cancer Rally or picnic or something. I am going to have a bounce house for kids to attract people and food so it will accomodate those who just want to get together adn those who want to walk. The only advantage of the walk is a walk could get more publicity.

Guest reneekoz

Great Great Great NEWS! YEAH! Sounds absolutely perfect! I tried to get a jumpy for mine too, but it was too darn cold in Nov. in Chicago! Ahhhh.... the benefits of CA! Anyway, great job.

-Renee Kosiarek

Actually you may find that the insurance is quite low and very reasonable. At the golf outing last year, the insurance for the three Hole-In-One events only cost $150 and we were offering a car, a one week cruise, and a home entertainment center with a 57 inch TV. Talk to an independant insurance agent.

PS: If it is reasonable, ask the insurance agent if he will donate the insurance, in return for an ad in your event program.

Thanks for the advice Dave! I need to call around. I was basing figures on what my mother in law told me. She is very active at Children's Hospital in LA and was on the board for awhile and she recalls an event where it cost thousands for insurance and it really made no sense to me, but immediately my mind went to Plan B options :)

Andrea,

Becky (Boardmember) should have some insight on that for you. I am so proud of you! support=advocacy! You go girl! I will come to your walk in L.A.

Love,

ANDREA,

PLEASE SEE YOUR PREVIOUS POST. I GAVE AN ANSWER BEFORE I SAW THIS ONE. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND IT WORKS AND IS NOT EXPENSIVE. I HAVE DONE MANY VENUES AND THIS IS HOW I WAS ABLE TO COVER INSURANCE EXPENSE AT A MINIMAL.

I DON"T MEAN TO SHOUT. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. JUST PLEASE READ THE OTHER POST. CALL ME IF YOU NEED HELP...

KAREN IN SO CALIFORNIA

Thanks to everyone on the insurance info :) I really was jsut going on what my mother in law told me and she does have a tendency to exaggerate :) I will be makign calls tomorrow.

Monday--could not call, fear it would jinx colonoscopy today for brian and radiation oncologist appt for my mom

Tuesday, today--6am at Hoag hospital for Brian's test; drop Brian home at 9am; off to work; 12:30 off for long radiation oncologist consult; 3:30 back to work :)

It just sucks when work gets in the way of my personal life :):)

I see, I see, people want to come to my walk, but really you just want an excuse to come to California ;) And who can blame you to escape winter. Heeheeheeheehee. You can visit Disneyland while you are here and do so many things. I vacationed in California my entire life, from age 13 on until I moved here in 1998 :)

Denise--I am staring at your picture to see if I recognize you. Denise and I went to the same college, 1 year apart and lived in the same dorm :)