Cure

Guest Deb

Does anyone believe there is a cure for cancer? I for one do believe there is one but the problem I think is money. Why would the government want to cure someone when they can create a market for treating cancer. This is just my thought. I can't believe there has been years of research and nothing but prolonging life is all we have to show for it. Maybe it is just me that thinks this. Deb

I know I am thinking this way because this cancer has consumed me in every way. There isn't a day that goes by that "cancer" doesn't pop into my mind every few moments. I hate to live like this. I get so depressed because it is ever present. Maybe I just would like to think there is a cure and it will soon be available. Sorry I sound so down, but I can't help but feel this way. Deb

Deb, I think there probably is a cure, but it just hasn't been found yet. A cure would certainly put a lot of people out of work, but even if that would be the end result, when the person/company finds that cure, the gates of heaven will open, the angels will sing praises, and the whole world will celebrate. Not even our government will be able to stop the implementation of that kind of news :!:

Hang in there, Deb - it can be all-consuming and monopolize all of your thoughts, but that's why I'm grateful for this site. I can encourage others here, identify with others, understand what they feel, and when some are experiencing things far worse than I am, it becomes a little less all-consuming for me.

God loves you!!

Peggy

Yes, I think there is a cure to be had, or at least a treatment to make cancer chronic and treatable, but I completely disagree that there is any incentive to not find it. There are systematic problems with the way research is done - outlined powerfully in a recent Fortune magazine article. But cancer will not be eradicated the way polio has been. There will always be plenty of money spent in treating cancer, even if there is a cure. And imagine if all of the lung cancer patients that lived a year lived fifteen years. They will all be filling the doctors offices. There is no cure yet because the exact right approach hasn't been found yet, but there is no conspiracy to delay or prevent the cure.

Curtis

Hi Deb,

I wanted to write to you again because I have been thinking about you off and on all day. I might be reading between the lines, but I get the feeling that you are having a really hard time dealing with your diagnosis. You don't really tell us too much about yourself in your past posts or in your history of treatment, but I notice you've had depression and sleeping problems as well. Have you thought about counseling or treatment for the way you are feeling mentally? In your history you say you are incurable, and I think whenever there's a Stage IV diagnosis, that's the assumption, however, incurable isn't an automatic death sentence. As you can see from many of the people on this site, many are stable, in remission, etc., etc.

Curtis is right in the last post. My husband has worked for a very large pharmaceutical company for 31 years, and they are launching new drugs on a regular basis to prolong life and cure diseases, but it takes time, testing, time, searching, more testing, more searching, time, time, time. And like I said in my earlier post, there is a cure, we just have to ask God to lead the researchers to the right spot to find it.

In any case, I hope you get the right perspective on your disease through counseling, or even through this site, because even if you survive the disease, depression and cynicism can be quicker killers than cancer.

God loves you, Deb!

Peggy

Hi Deb,

I truly believe there is a cure out there and any day it will be announced the researchers have found it. With our number one physician guiding our doctors, the cure is on the way. When it is His will, it will be done. God has plans for all of us and it is not for us to be sick. He does heal and performs miracles. I know, I am a cured miracle and I give all the glory to God and you will be cured too. Keep the faith strong and just believe, I feel that for you. I lift you up in prayer for total healing from Jesus, our Lord. Special prayer said for you...

Blessings and Happy Easter,

Karen

Guest Phyllis

I am torn some times. When I am feeling cynical, I feel like the drug companies and the stock market are guided too much by the holy dollar.

Other times I look at the research people I deal with on a regular basis, and I see how hard they are trying and how disappointed they are when they fail. I also read where one woman decided to live her life to the fullest despite cancer because otherwise she would be giving cancer too much control over her. I think that is a good attitude.

I have heard a theory that the cure for anything that can happen on this planet is also on this planet...and when I have those Doubtin' Days on this particular disease, I feel that the cure probably had something to do with Dodo bird droppings!

Just a crappy thought...

Seriously, though, I'm SURE it's out there, just wish someone would stumble on it soon!