BIG NEWS ! TARCEVA looking good.

tjc

Hello all-

Big news here. First, the tarceva news is great.

Secondly, my first bone and CT scans after 3 cycles (7 weeks+) of carbo/taxol + Iressa showed a 50% or more shrinkage of the lung mass (down to less than .5") and mediastinal lymphnodes, as well as bone mets in check. This new combo for "never smokers" is working so far. An email from my Dr. at Sloan-Kettering in NYC hinted at big stuff coming:

"…STAY TUNED FOR MAJOR PRESS NEXT WEEK ON THIS GENERAL AREA. LUNG CANCER IS BEING TRANSFORMED BEFORE OUR EYES.

GREAT WORK!!!

Tarceva Extends Survival of Patients with Relapsed Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

-- Only HER1/EGFR-inhibitor to Show Survival Benefit in a Randomized, Controlled Phase III Trial  --

MELVILLE, N.Y.; SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.; and BASEL, Switzerland --  April 25, 2004 --  OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:OSIP), Genentech, Inc. (NYSE:DNA), and Roche (SWX Zurich) today announced that a Phase III study of Tarceva™ (erlotinib HCl), an investigational HER1/EGFR-inhibitor agent in previously treated patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), met its primary endpoint of improving overall survival, with patients receiving Tarceva™ living longer than those in the placebo arm of the study. The trial also met secondary endpoints including improving time to symptomatic deterioration, progression-free survival and response rate. OSI will work with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to complete the New Drug Application (NDA) for Tarceva™ during the summer.

SEE URL's below:

http://nocache.corporate-ir.net/ireye/i ... _id=518844

http://www.gene.com/gene/news/

Everyone hang in there. Help is on the way!