Keep your eyes and ears open BIG CANCER CONFRENCE

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this with you all as well. Tonight at our Group meeting the Onc Doc that came to speak to us also told us to keep your eyes and ears open to possible NEW treatments, etc for lung cancer. The BIG Cancer Confrence is the end of this Month and he had HIGH hopes that we should hear some GOOD things about lung cancer treatments, and issues. I sure hope so!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

By the "big conference" do you mean the annual ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology)? Every year there are daily announcements of new cancer breakthroughs during the time of this conference. they usually post them on their website: http://www.asco.org

My sister's oncologist also told us (yesterday) that they expect results of a trial for bevacizumab (sp?) on colon cancer to be presented next week & then it will be "fast-tracked" by the FDA & should be available for my sister to take "off label" (for other purposes). I believe it is a monoclonal antibody - so we're pretty excited about the possibility . . .