Need some help

jessiejo

My Dad was told he has stage 4 lung cancer in both lungs,and it's spread to his brain and bones.

Radiation is being given to shrink the brain tumor and the tumors in the left lung. Up until last week, he was healthy before he was diagnosed, but now he's tired most of the time. He's had 7 days of readiation and he's been super tired and not at all himself.

I'm trying my best to be strong for my parents and so stressed out. It breaks my heart to think of how my dad must feel and seeing how frightened my mom is.

At this moment, I truly need to hear some good news from survivors. He has non small in both lungs, stage 4.

Thanks

Jessie

I am sorry to hear about your dad but I must tell you that radiation will tire you. I was exhausted for weeks after my radiation stopped. You have found a very caring, loving place for support and answers. Glad you are with us but sorry to hear why. Keep in touch.

Nina

Jessie,

Radiation is extremely tiring and add to that the stress your parents are feeling right now just exaggerating it.

Offer to help your parents as much as possible to make this journey easier for them. And keep optimistic we have many long term survivors here.

Welcome and don't hesitate to ask us any questions or vent or cry or whatever. That is what we are here for.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Jessie,

Check out this link

http://www.blochcancer.org/

The guy had Stage IV lung cancer, was told he had only a very short time to live and to get 'his affairs in order'. That was YEARS ago. People do survive Stage IV lung cancer. Try to think of cancer has a chronic disease not as a terminal disease. And give some thought to caring for yourself.

Cat

Jessie,

This can be a very trying and difficult road, but it is much easier to travel it in a team effort. We will all be here for you and your family. Remember that the side effects of treatment will be temporary and there will be good times to come. I have found that cancer changes life, but it doesn't all have to be bad.

Margaret

Hi Jessie,

Don't give up hope! A friend of mine had advanced lungcancer and had Chemo and radiation. He lived nearly three years. Also, one of our distant relations had stage four and was unable to have treatment or surgery because of his heart. He lived quite a long time in stage four. Your case may be luckier! Prayers and hugs to you both!

Sharon

Hi Jessie,

I know a fella had stage IV lung cancer in his hip, his liver, his chest and lungs, and after 6 sessions of chemo, they couldn't find any cancer anywhere. I was amazed, and so was my doctor. But it does happen on occasion!.

I'm fortunate to be here myself. God was good to me, and I had great surgeons and oncologist. I'm out four years now.

Lung cancer is not the death sentence it once was. I, for one, am glad to be alive NOW, when there are so many options available.

Radiation and chemo can be tiring, but keep fighting one step at a time, one foot in front of the other...

Keep us posted, and I'm glad we're here for you.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Prayers....

My husband's oncologist says cancer is now treated as a chronic disease. Five years ago he told my husband he would have had to say sorry there isn't anything I can do. In five short years they have come one hell of a long way in the treatment of all types of cancers. Just think of what the next 5 years will bring. :)

Jessie,

I have some faceless "patients" that my oncologist's PA told me about today - a woman with mesothelioma who is a 5-year survivor, currently on Iressa and dealing with the rash... Another patient is in her 40s, never smoked and considered Stage IV (both lungs, adrenals, etc.) - she also is a 5-year survivor. Lots of new treatments, lots of earlier detection, lots of choices, lots of survivors. New options, new statistics!

Never, ever, ever get up, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Keep hangin' in there,

Becky