Muscle Aches -- does this go with chemo????

DollyPardonMe

Dolly,

My husband is on Celebrex, 400mg twice a day. He started it when he was on Carbo/Taxol since a side effect of Taxol is joint pain. He started the Celebrex before his first treatment, so he never had a joint pain.

He continues on the Celebrex because there are studies that indicate that Celebrex may by an anti cancer medicine.

Might ask your doctor.

Just to chime in with Ginny's post...I had muscle/joint pain throughout chemo and even off chemo, but since starting on 400mg of Celebrex, I'm home free in that area...plus I'm hoping the off-label use is also working for me. I hope the Iressa works!

Margaret

Oh, yes, and it continues for me after chemo!!!!! I am allergic to sulfa, which is a component of Celebrex, so I take Vioxx and it is a cox 2 inhibitor as well, so I'm hoping for double benefits, of course.

Just my theory here, but I think chemo ages us to a certain extent, and that aches and pains stuff is a side effect.

I had terrible joint pain too when I was on the chemo. It seems to come with the wonderful combination. My arms and legs would just ache kinda like I a tooth ache feels. Mine went away after I was off the chemo for a while but every once in a while I still get it-just not so bad.