Feeling left out!!!

-Cheryl-

Hey,

I sure wish that I could have met Ry, John, David A. Snowflake, Rachel, Cathy, all of you!!! This disease makes you feel very isolated. It would be nice to meet other people like myself. I hate that anyone should have to be stricken with this disease, but knowing that I am not alone really helps. I welcome anyone that wishes to meet others like themselves fighting this disease to come join us here in Texas for a gathering of Lung Cancer Survivors.

Katie and Deb I may be calling on you guys for some help. I spoke to my sister today for some help. She is really good at organizing this kind of thing. She was planning it all out. She has several pravillions and can borrow cookers from the National Guard. I will also seek out possible donations to our worthy cause of LCSC. I guess first we need to pick a date though. Norme said she would be here the first week of Nov. attending a quilt show., What do you guys think about Nov.the 6th, which is the first Sat. in Nov.? It is still quite warm here in Nov.. We can have it here at my house; although, my potoon boat is a bit big for the pond, Ha! My yard is huge, or we could have it at Lake Hubbard if you guys prefer. The date gives me plenty of time to plan this thing. If I could get some kind of a tenative head count that would be great. I live 40 min. from Dallas in Greenville, Texas. Everyone is welcome!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Count me in! If I plan far enough ahead, I should be able to be there. How could I not come if it's in or near Greenville? I was BORN there! :D (Dallas is fine, too.) And I love the idea of planning for a time when Norme can be there!

BeckyCW

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Doesn't anyone in Florida want to give a party? I'd give one but I can't even organize a dinner for two (unless its takeout). :oops::roll:

Cat

Cheryl after attending the Michigan bash I would seriosouly consider the texas bash, maybe my wife could get away together, Lord knows we need time together and I think I could twist the arm some of the other Michiganders in to coming, RY, John, Snowflake and Cookieman, Cathy &Marc, Lisa&Barry, Joe B& Gina honorary Michiganders, Sandy and Rachel heck we could almost fill a plane with this group. Can you tell I had a good time at the bash?

I have to tell you it isn't like we don't know each other as soon as we hugged for the 1st time it was like we have been friends for a very long time and we have been.

We who have lung cancer and our caregivers who know about this site I feel we are very fortunate to have found it, it for me is like I have 1300 or 1400 friends I have just never hugged, once hugged we areold pals.

Cheryl,

Count me in in November. My husband said "of course we can make it". I just hope it isn't too much for you to do. I worry about you not feeling up to it but by then the trial will have kicked some cancer butt and you should be fine. It's only about an hour flight from here...at least that is what Chuck said....I'll look it up. :lol:

Nina