Stressed caregiver

char1048

Ok I am here to vent again this has not been a very good week my husband has not been good at all , it has been a week since I had him to the hospital due to sever back pain, I told him today that I am putting my foot down and I am going to call the doctor on Monday to get him in and see about having an MRI done as the ER doctor suggested and he said ok(go figure). He is having left shoulder pain and up into the neck and also right back kidney area pain. I am so stressed out with this and getting the news thursday that my big brother was DX with lung cancer will hear more on him tomorrow his children are to have a meeting with the oncologist in the morning, they all live in West Virginia and I am in Ohio. I will post more on all of this Monday evening hopefully I can get my husband into the oncologist on Monday. Thanks again everyone for letting me vent here and thanks everyone for your kind words on my other post from yesterday about my brother. Charolette

It seems like you have more than you can take at the moment. doesn't it always seem like it would be easier to play like an ostrich than to face the trials ahead of you?

It's just that it is is just one breath at a time darling. You have to deal with what is immediate. Nothing too far ahead of tomorrow. Not anything. This is an awful time. There is nothing "romantic" like in the movies. There isn't a theme song playing, no credits rolling at the end of the movie. No great anything, just hurt and pain but somewhere in there is the joy of knowing we have someone in our lives that we live dearly.

I hope you can find the strength to deal with the pain. We are here for you.

Charolette,

Wow. Two loved ones afflicted with this awful disease is just too much for a soul to bear.

What is the doc giving your husband for pain? I know that back pain is horrible. Morphine is what finally relieved my husband's pain until the radiation to his spine started to take affect.

My heart goes out to you.

Terry

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Charolette, Good grief - that's too much for one person. I don't know if I could handle it. I think you're wonderful to take "the reins" and see that you're husband gets to a doctor. I can imagine the stress involved. I will be saying prayers for you all.

Cat