taxotere

Hello. I am Beckyg's husband, and we found out today that there were tumor cells in the pleura, and so we are going to start more chemotherapy next week. This drug is taxotere. Does anybody know anything about this drug?

I want to thank you all for the support you have given us; I have been logging on as Becky and reading for a while. You have been a source of strength during some difficult times. It is hard to make decisions when we are so close to the issues involved, and getting some advice from people who have been there has been tremendously reassuring throughout. Thanks again.

Curtis

Welcome, Curtis. Give Becky our regards. My wife just finished 5 treatments of taxotere and carboplatin. It has cleared the small tumor in her lung and shrunk (if not eliminated) five bone mets. It is hard to tell on bones if the tumor is completely gone, but we think so. Good luck with the new treatment. Don

Curtis,

My husband had his first chemo - Taxotere on 6/2. Considering all he has been through he has tolerated this very well. He felt crummy on the third day and was very tired on the 9th day. This is being given to Earl as a preventative treatment only 3 infustions - one every 3 weeks, so it may not be as strong. The infusion only takes 1 hour.

Hope Becky tolerates it well and that it does the trick.

Curtis,

Hi, My mom is on taxotere right now. She is doing okay. It does give some pretty strong side effects with her. WATCH OUT FOR DEHYDRATION!!! Very important. Make sure she takes anti nausea pills if she feels bad. Thats what we encountered, just thought I'd let ya know. Your wife might handle it like a trooper!!! Praying for good results and keep us posted.

Rana

Dear Curtis,

I had 3 infusions of Taxotere--once a week every three weeks for 3 months. It's the only chemo that worked to shrink my tumor. After I was done with this series, my tumor was a "scar" according to the oncologist.

There are side effects, but nothing I couldn't handle. I think Taxotere is being used more and more these days.

I am hoping this works well for Becky,

Ada

My mom has been having Taxotere treatments and every other time she gets Carboplatin with it. This has been since end of March......I assume its working well because her symptoms have dissapeared and aside from feeling tired, etc from the chemo, she feels very good!!! She has an appt. later this month to be re-evaluated to see how everything is coming along. Were hoping and PRAYING for remission, although its stage IV, miracles can and do happen every day!! Hope this treatment will help for your wife as well!!! TAKE CARE!!