Inconsiderate, Lowlife Bosses

daggiesmom

Hi All,

I just need to rant and rave abit this a.m. In the past my boss from hell has given me a hard time over taking time off for medical procedures, and without going into boring detail, has in general spent the last two years busting my chops every single chance she gets. She really seems determined to drive me out of my job by annoying me to death. The only problem is, and she should realize this by now, that she is dealing with one of the most stubborn, hard to knock down, refuse to give up people on the face of this earth. Her total lack of compassion and general humanity is absolutely astounding! Last Thursday and Friday I came down with a fever 101 - and was unable to come to work. I called in as required, the first day her response was "oh, we're all alone" - she expected me to come in with a fever! Needless to say, I called the dr. and by Friday they put me on high dose Fosamax which knocked the fever right out! Thank goodness, by Saturday, i was pretty much back to normal. I had the same situation in April, turns out i must be susceptible to bacterial infection, as a result of radiation due to lung cancer - not because I wanted a long Labor Day weekend. This morning, she sends me an e-mail requesting a note from the dr. for my absences for April 2,5&6th and for Sep. 2,3 since these days preceeded a holiday! I immediately whipped out my note from April and handed it to her. It was priceless to see her expression - gottcha! I told her I made a copy for MY RECORDS. "you'll have the other note by week end."

There are two things I've learned since all this b.s. started to happen to me:

A job is just a job. Yes, it is necessary,but I certainly deserve better than this. Keep in mind, this woman is Director of Human Resources. God help us all. I just need to get up the energy to look elsewhere; in the meantime, i'm gonna look at these incidents as a study in human stupidity - and she has a master's degree in psychology - dangerous!

There are very few people in the world who will truly stick by you when you're down. They are the ones who count - and, if anything in the whole picture of life, something as trivial as this should be treated as a laughing matter. Actually, i'm smiling now. Thanks for listening to this silliness - at least i got it off my shoulders!

Anybody else got a boss to Roast! Maybe we should have that as a category :lol:

Joanie

Joanie: As you said ***There are very few people in the world who will truly stick by you when you're down. They are the ones who count - and, if anything in the whole picture of life, something as trivial as this should be treated as a laughing matter. ***

This is something that only those who are touched personally by something such as cancer can relate to. Remember, your boss is living in the rushed, everyday life, that I am sure she doesnt stop to realize how priceless it is. Whereas we - the "touched" ones have an edge as that we see the big picture - we look beyond the trivial everyday intricies that people in general get caught up in and take for granted what their life has given them. I have truly learned to prioritize what is important to me. Yes, a job is just a job, it pays the bills and provides food and shelter. And yes its very obvious who your friends are when tragedy strikes. And my view is that if anything from this, I have learned to not toake for granted who is really in charge - and its not us. His power is greater than I could ever imagine. Chin up, you got it girl, and keep that nasty ole boss of your on her toes - I bet she wont bother you too much about it from now on. Take care!