Mum's results could have been better.......

Jana_W

Hi all

Thank you to all those people who posted sending us prayers and positive thoughts for Mum's CT scan on Monday. The results showed some more growth (not a huge amount, I don't think) of the primary tumour and some new, small (1 - 2mm diameter) spots in both lungs. Not the news we were hoping for, but the new spots are small so hopefully they can be dealt with quickly and sent packing. Mum has seen one oncologist who is offerring second line taxotere or Allimta (not sure of spelling that). And she also has an appointment today with a different oncologist to discuss clinical trials that may be available here in Perth, Australia for her to participate in.

If you could please hold my family close in your thoughts at the moment I would really be grateful. I am having a bit of a hard time with this news as I was soooooooooo hoping things would be shrinking or at least completely stable. Am trying to be positive that things are growing slowly, which gives us all time to find a cure for Mum and the pesky stupid cancer. I hate cancer so much.

Jana

xxxx

Elaine, Paddy, Ginny and Tee-Taa.......thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words of encouragement. Mum has been offerred a clinical trial using taxotere and an experimental drug PI-88 (an anti-angiogenesis drug). She hasn't yet decided what treatment option she is going to take. It is good to have a few things to choose from, but I don't envy her having to make that decision.

Thanks again. Your support means alot to me.

with best wishes

Jana

xxxx

Thanks for the support everyone.

Just wanted to let you know that Mum has decided to participate in the clinical trial. She will be having regular chemotherapy (taxotere) one day a week, for three weeks out of four. And she will also be having the trial drug, which is an anti-angiogenesis drug called PI-88. She has to have that injected subcutaneously for four days in a row, every week (I think). In two months time she'll have another CT scan to see how it is all working. We are so hoping this is the treatment that will work for her, and then perhaps work for lots and lots of others as well. Will keep you posted on how it all goes.

Thanks again

Love to you all

Jana

xxx

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Jana, will your mom continue with the supplements and other alternatives. Just wondering. I've the feeling that though they didn't give dramatric results they make a positive difference. Is your Mom on the Gerson diet? Will she continue. I have a strong feeling that with your family's open minds and caring, that she will do better than most. It's just a feeling.

Best to you all. If love could move mountains, I think the warmth you show your mother could move the cancer straight out of her.

Cat

Thanks Cat. It certainly would be simpler if love could cure it, that's for sure. But if it was that simple I have a feeling there would be no-one using this message board either because we'd all have cured each other too :)

Mum is still trying to follow a Gerson style diet, but she has never been as strict as she could (should?) have been. I am not sure if she is still taking all of her alternative meds., but if she has stopped any I don't think she's stopped all of them. If some of them are contra-indicated with chemo, she'd stop them for the duration of the trial. I know that she just bought and started taking some glutamine, in an effort to enhance the effect of chemotherapy. Will let you know how that goes as well.

Your encouragement means alot to me, esp. when I know you are also going through so much yourself.

Much love to you

Jana

xxx