Do you have general questions about lung cancer? Post them here! We will reply with links and resources. This forum & site are NOT substitutes for professional medical advice. Please read all site disclaimers and consult your treating doctor about everything you read on the internet.
They ended up delaying the needle biopsy until Wednesday, thankfully it went off without any issues like collapsed lung or whatever else can go wrong. The doc called me this morning, results: Equivocal. In other words the sample they got is not clear one way or another, so now I am back to where I started, never thought it would be so tough to get a diagnosis. My dogs had the needle biopsy for 2 breast tumors and one oral tumor, and they all came back with a definitive answers. The doc wants me to come in on Tuesday to discuss my options. What other methods are there to diagnose when this fails? I will have to do some research or maybe call up the oncologist who treated my dogs and ask him, it's all the same regardless of species. Will update.
My Dad Started chemo on May 12 (Carbo/Taxol). He had treatments once a week for 4 weeks then a week off. The last few visits, his bloodwork wasn't what the Dr thought it should be, so they didn't give him the Carbo, just Taxol. Last week, Dr called out of the blue and said he wanted Dad to get an abdominal ultrasound immediately. The following day, Dr asked us to come to his office. It seems the chemo has caused some damage to Dad's kidneys. Now they've stopped chemo until kidneys recover.
Question to anyone is, what does this "really" mean? Are we facing a small blip or hitting a wall? Amy insight is appreciated.
As an aside, I don't have lots of confidence in the Doctor- frequently forgets Dad's situation, brings in week old labs to appointments, etc. However dad likes him and wants to keep him.