New Just Diagnosed

Sandi721

I was told that it was unlikely that I would lose my hair as an effect of the carbo/alimta/avastin regimen. Though my male pattern baldness seems to have sped up a bit, I have not lost my hair in clumps as many chemo patients do. I hope you have the same good fortune, Sandi.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Last week I had a ct scan to check progress, was not supposed to know anything until tomorrow but they called me last week as did not want to make me wait. I have had shrinkage after 2 treatments!! The biggest lymph node behind my sterum went from 26mm to 18mm, the two in my liver went from 24mm to 17mm and 13mm to 9mm. They were hoping for stable but got shrinkage. So I get to stay on the Altima/Carbo as it along with my faith is working

While I never had to do any chemo as I was staged 1A on both sides - even I lost hair in when I was shampooing. Not only does the chemo have a chance of doing it stress is a big factor believe it or not. So since the chemo may not be the issue - since you are showing good positive signs it may well mean that your hair issue will lesson as you get more in the fight than "flight" mode.

I wish you continued success in the treatment and I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

Annette

Shrinkage is great. Just the news you need for Christmas. You sound great and your fighting attitude is what will get you through. God bless.

As far as the hair, the stress alone could cause hair loss. I am glad your doctors office has enough compassion to call and put your mind at ease.

Libby

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Katie for the welcome, I am sure it is hard to keep up with everyone on here which is sad that there are so many.

I am doing well, just had my fourth round of chemo Tuesday and am feeling puny but that is to be expected. Get to have another PET and CT scan on the 28th to check progression.

Sandi, I remember started to feel the effects of the chemo triplet at about the 4th round. I had six and the 5th and 6th were no picnic but I did it! How many do they expect you to do? I remember they told me they give my particular mix 4-6 depending on the person's tolerance. Well that was a challenge to me so I had to do it lol. Keep in touch so we know how you are doing. We'll be waiting for those scan results.

Judy in KW

• 3 weeks later...

Did 4 rounds of the Alimta/Carbo and had CT Scan on Friday to check progress. Got results yesterday and have had 70% shrinkage over all so I am absolutely thrilled as is my family and doctor. Started the maintenance therapy yesterday and can continue that as long as shrinkage continues or remain stable. If i show grow there are other treatments that we will discuss if and/or when it occurs.