Poorly differentiated non-cell carcinoma

PaulaC

I’ve been reading everything I can find on the LUNGevity website. The pathologist report shows the pulmonary nodule was classified as “poorly differentiated non-small cell carcinoma.”  The nodule is (3.7x2.8.2.7 cm) I’m reading this is the most aggressive but doesn’t say a lot more. Im hoping someone has information or experience with this.  

I wish the doctors office was open however I still would have to wait for an answer. I was doing ok until I read that and now a little nervous. 

Thanks for any information. 

Paula

HI Paula,

Sorry I don't know about the poorly differentiated kind.  I The info you found sounds kind of alarming. I hope you can find more info. My NSCLC was so non-aggressive and slow growing that it didn't even light up on the PET scan!

Bridget O

Thank you Bridget O,  I’m feeling a little better after reading a little more and hearing from Tom.

The PET scan is tomorrow and hopefully I’ll get scheduled to see my pulmonary with results quickly.

Paula

Thank you Susan, I can't believe how anxious I am about getting the test done , results and having a game plan for beating this cancer.  I'll will keep you updated and have already found this site to be great.

Paula

Just now, Paula Lyb said:

Pet scan done and I have the disk with the pictures.  Now the wait for my appointment. 

Paula 

HI Paula

Got my Pet Scan done last Friday and the Doc called couple hours ago and they found no further cancer. They did find the small lump below my ear lobe been there  for twenty years it is benign but they want to biopsy and the have started to setup for my treatment. Which will be for six weeks. Radiation five days week and Chemo once week. Hoping your scan turns out as well as mine.

Bob

2 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Bob -- great news on the scan. Hope the lump biopsy yields good news also and your first line treatment is successful.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks Tom Yes my surgeon offered to remove it years ago and told me the name of it and my GP removed one on the other side but the right was to tricky for him to do in the office, Just the timing and they want to cover all bases which is excellent. Now gaened six pounds since the fasting for my pet scan last Friday and hope to continue and keep my walking regime up during treatment.

Archived