I am devastated

Angie Daughter of Bill

Angie, along with all of us here, I'm so very sorry you are all having to go through this. Yes, I HATE CANCER too.

I look at the photograph of your beautiful family beside your posts and see though that you have helpers in this battle, and sources for lots and lots of hugs and comfort.

I'm sending you my thoughts and prayers, but will have to leave the real hugs to your great family.

Di

Dear Angie,

I just wanted to let you know that I too am here for you and your dad. I'm glad he's getting treatment for the brain mets (per your other post) and feel sure, thanks to the testimony of so many others who have been through it) that he, too, will respond well and go through it with flying colours. Keep your chin up and keep your fighting spirit -- that will help him as he wades further into this battle with the hated cancer

Ellen

Angie, I am sorry, too. May you weather this storm successfully.

You asked "WHY he never had a headache if there is significant swelling in the brain?"

There are no pain receptors in the brain tissue, only in the surrounding structures (blood vessels and the like). Cerebral edema oftten occurs without a headache; if there are symptoms, they usually consist of changes in mental status. But it sounds like your Dad's was not that bad.

Peace and best of luck to you & yours, Teresa

Angie,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's news. My Dad also had lung cancer with mets to his brain. When we lost him there was 16. Two that were bleeding. Dad had already did the chemo for the lung cancer when the brain mets were found. Like your Dad, my Dad had no indications of the brain mets-no headaches, dizziness, forgetfulness, pain or anything. They did sterotactic radiation but, it didn't work. My Dad's big concern when they found the mets was that he would not loose his mind (he kept telling the doctors this). Shortly before we lost him, he did have a slight problem concentrating on what he wanted to say but, he did really well. We lost hope the day we lost Dad. Until then, we always had hope and prayers that things could change and remember sometimes they do! Will keep your Dad, you, and your family in my prayers.

((((Angie))))) -

I saw this earlier but couldn't find the words and still can't. My heart goes out to you and your family. You have been amazing through all of this and hopefully the WBR will kill the little buggers and you all can enjoy the holidays. I wish I was closer so I could give you a hug. I will be thinking of you all in the coming days.

Much Love,

Amy

Angie, I wish the tears I'm crying now would do some good, but all the tears in the world can't make this any easier. I just wanted to say I'm praying for you and your dad. Don't give up. Believe and trust and keep going as best you can. Like Katie said, treasure each moment. I'm so sorry you and your father have to face this.

BeckyCW