Four Years Ago....

Amy P

this month my Mom was dx with this ugly beast. She spent 3 years with NED had a recurrence in March but has been stable since starting Iressa in May of 2004. Her oncologist confirmed today that she is still stable and she is amazed. When the beast came back last year, I was pretty sure she would not make it to Christmas even though the Dr did not give us a prognosis.

My Mom is not only fighting but SURVIVING and beating all those ugly statistics. For those of you just beginning the fight, there is HOPE. For those of you still in the trenches fighting with everything you are, there is HOPE. For those of you waiting and watching, there is HOPE.

Thank you all for the support you have provided for me for the past 6 months, I could not have got through this without you but above all YOU gave me HOPE when I had none and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you to Rick and Katie for working selflessy to provide a forum for everyone. You are amazing and we are so lucky to have been touched by your love for Jessee. Thank you to the board and to the moderators for the hours that you volunteer to keep things running as smooth (as possible :wink: ).

Sorry for the sappy nature of this post but after Mom's Dr's appointment today, I truly do realized how many blessings I have.

Everyone enjoy the weekend!!!

Much Love,

Amy

Amy - Thank you for your post! I am so :D to hear that your mom is stable and that she is doing well. People like you and your mother are such inspirations to people like me and my mom. I can not get my mom involved in the group (she says she is "not inerested, she has all the support she needs" meaning us, her family but the help and support I have recieved so far has been awesome. I too am forever grateful!

Prayers for you and your mom :)

Calintay