How my sister is doing (brain metastasis)

dani hobbs

As I posted before, MRI found lesions in my sister's brain. She met with radiologist who was planning to begin whole brain radiation therapy, then possibly follow up with stereotactic surgery (gamma knife). However, due to my husband's just coming home from surgery, I hadn't talked to her for a couple of days. I just learned tonight that the whole body CT scan done revealed 2 tumors back in her lungs, a 7 cm tumor in her liver, which is giving her bad stomachaches & making it hard to keep nutrition down, and possibly cancer in her spine. She is so overwrought & so is her husband, I can't ascertain what is going to happen next. Will the plan for the brain radiation continue? Everything just seems to be galloping out of control. All comments & suggestions, and especially prayers, very much welcomed.

Dani,

I am so sorry to hear this news. You must be terribly upset. I sure wish I could answer your questions, but I can't. I don't know what the plan will be, but hopefully you will have one soon.

Please give your sister and her husband and big hug from me and tell them that they will be in my prayers - and you, too!

Love,

Peggy