Who do I believe?

shadowrose

HI

I had CT's of the lung in Oct and again in November. Both showed emphysema (no big surprise there), enlarged mediastinal nodes, and an indeterminate nodule, non-calcified in the upper left lobe. few other things consistant with a smoker of 30 years.

A CT yesterday was normal. No node, no emphysema- nothing.

Is it possible that the other two ct's were wrong? Or is this one wrong? I ended up in the ER yesterday due to an asthma attack that I couldn't stop. Doc said he heard rales and stridor. Did the CT because of the sudden onset of chest pain and shortness of breath.

I"m still coughing up blood on ocassion, and seem to be feeling a lot worse.

HELP!

Hi--I would think the emphysema would not go away, but the nodules may not have been cancer in the first place---I have at times, had scans and they showed very enlarged lymph nodes and nodules, but the nodes were biosied and they were cancer free and the nodules come and go--

so I think if you tend to get infections alot (which I do) that this inflammatory tissue can show up on scans-and especially if you have asthma

what does your Dr. say?

regards,

Rose,

Two things come to mind.

First, is the new scan not a spiral CT and the first two were? That could account for missing things, being a different sensitivity.

Second, was the last CT done to rule out cancer? or was it done to rule out, for example, pneumonia? If they didn't have your old scans and weren't comparing them, they might easily have missed then.

Meanwhile, not to stress enormously.

If they had gotten much much worsek someone surely would have noticed!

Hang in there!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers,

MaryAnn

HI

I had CT's of the lung in Oct and again in November. Both showed emphysema (no big surprise there), enlarged mediastinal nodes, and an indeterminate nodule, non-calcified in the upper left lobe. few other things consistant with a smoker of 30 years.

A CT yesterday was normal. No node, no emphysema- nothing.

Is it possible that the other two ct's were wrong? Or is this one wrong? I ended up in the ER yesterday due to an asthma attack that I couldn't stop. Doc said he heard rales and stridor. Did the CT because of the sudden onset of chest pain and shortness of breath.

I"m still coughing up blood on ocassion, and seem to be feeling a lot worse.

HELP!

fwiw when our oncologists review LC status they seem to always focus on the lymph nodes including mediastional so the lymph nodes must be an important indicator of the LC condition

good luck