Any obvious symptoms with adrenal mets?

janetg

Hi,

I was just reading the postings today and have questions that some of you may be able to answer. Ron had his MRI done on January 31 and the hospital called to say that the "pictures" weren't clear so the onc. wanted him checked again but with an injection of dye. That was done Feb. 1. We haven't heard anything which we're hoping is good. He is scheduled for a follow up appointment on March 16. That was arranged at the time of his last visit with the doctor on January 19. We're wondering but at the same time we're avoiding calling. One of us has been saying as each day goes by that not getting called in early is a good thing. Ron's oncologist is so wonderful that we're thinking that he would have contacted us if the MRI wasn't good.

As far as the possibility of mets to the left adrenal. I don't see any change in behavior, physical changes or anything obvious to indicate "changes." But would I see anything? Does one experience anything if a met to the adrenal occurs? It may not be an intelligent question but what the heck.

Ron had a cystoscopic done yesterday. Things look good. I forgot to note in Ron's bio that he had been diagnosed with bladder cancer in 1999. There was a reoccurance of the disease in 2000 but he was successfully treated with TUR and mitacmycin. There's been no problem since that time. He's also a diabetic.

Boy, its sounds like he's in rough shape doesn't it? But he's not - he's the picture of health and strong.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Janet

Hi,

I was just reading the postings today and have questions that some of you may be able to answer. Ron had his MRI done on January 31 and the hospital called to say that the "pictures" weren't clear so the onc. wanted him checked again but with an injection of dye. That was done Feb. 1. We haven't heard anything which we're hoping is good. He is scheduled for a follow up appointment on March 16. That was arranged at the time of his last visit with the doctor on January 19. We're wondering but at the same time we're avoiding calling. One of us has been saying as each day goes by that not getting called in early is a good thing. Ron's oncologist is so wonderful that we're thinking that he would have contacted us if the MRI wasn't good.

As far as the possibility of mets to the left adrenal. I don't see any change in behavior, physical changes or anything obvious to indicate "changes." But would I see anything? Does one experience anything if a met to the adrenal occurs? It may not be an intelligent question but what the heck.

Ron had a cystoscopic done yesterday. Things look good. I forgot to note in Ron's bio that he had been diagnosed with bladder cancer in 1999. There was a reoccurance of the disease in 2000 but he was successfully treated with TUR and mitacmycin. There's been no problem since that time. He's also a diabetic.

Boy, its sounds like he's in rough shape doesn't it? But he's not - he's the picture of health and strong.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Janet

janet- im sure as with any tumor if it gets beyond a cetain size problems and symptoms will begin . i think that met to the adrenal is very common. i hear about it and read about it all the time and my lc family has left adrenal met. no symptoms that i ever see or hear of and the doctors never even mention it , i just see it mentioned in the rad reports but nothing becomes of it

I researched adrenal mets some months ago. From my understanding, adrenal mets are most commonly unsymptomatic unless they are large AND are effecting both adrenals. I am not a Doctor, so you might want to ask in the "Experts" forum.

I think it is probably good news that you haven't heard from your Dr. BUT, you might want to call, anyway.

I have a wonderful Dr now, who calls me personally, even when the news is good! I wish all Doctors did that.

elaine

Hello!

My Dad has bi-lateral adrenal mets. His doctor said that fatigue was very common. Dad was given cortisone to take. Cortisone, adrenaline.......hmmmm........I forget what else he said, but several things are produced in the adrenals and if not working properly can make you feel very tired and run down. Supposedly the synthetic cortisone will help Dad to have a bit more energy. I have seen very little change so far, but I think it takes a little while to work.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie