kinda strange question

nikkala

Hi everyone,

My Gram told me yesterday that the night before she was sitting in her recliner and all of a sudden she looked up and there were 2 sets of hands, only from the wrist down waving to her to come. She said she thought OK this is it, it's time, but was asking who it was and then they were gone. She said she was not scared at all by it but wished they would show who they were coming to get her. Has anyone else had similiar experiences?? Thanks for any replies.

I can't believe this post!

When I was around ten years old, I was home all by myself watching TV. There appeared just a hand from the wrist down close to me and just off to the side. It was a strange experience. I wasn't afraid at all either. Not until I "came to". I realized that what had happened was not normal at all. I didn't tell anyone about this ever. This happened shortly after my great aunt and great grandmother passed away. To the great aunt, I was her favorite, probably cuz I was such a little dork. She had no children and was a very spiritually based woman who was a lit-tle off center according to the others in my strict and stoic family.

Let me know what you find out. (I haven't gone anywhere with the hand) I just had this feeling like she was letting me know that she was there and that she was saying good-bye. I don't know...but, that is the "feeling" that I had.

Cindi o'h

I think this is truly an incredible opportunity for you. I just finished reading the book "Final Gifts"... and there was a whole chapter on this type of phenomenon. It is really wonderful that Gram shared it with you and that you are taking her seriously and not saying she is "delusional"....The book explains that we have so much to learn from those who are getting ready for their passing, if we only listen to what they have to say. If you get a chance, go pick up a copy..... Love, Sharon

Working in a hospital setting I have had patients tell me they were going home soon because of seeing a loved one or Jesus at the end of they're bed and so on , but i've never heard anyone talk of just hands. Let use know if you figure something out!

when my Dad was dying, my sister went to the hospital and he said to her, I have to go with that man, the man is calling me---he wants me to go with him---needless to say, there was no one in the room---

I am not a religious person, but this really started me wondering.

One wonderful thing about having Hospice with us during Dennis's final days was the understanding of the dying process that they shared with our family. There are many stories like yours that our loved ones share with us. In the days preceding Dennis's death, I was able to gain so much insight into things he was seeing and hearing. Our Hospice nurses let us know that we should really listen and pay attention to things Dennis was saying and doing. I even wrote down some of the things he said so I would not forget.

Consider yourself blessed by Gram sharing this with you.

My only experience with watching someone slip away was with my husband's best friend, Willie, who was on hospice from pancreatic cancer, almost a year ago. In his final days, at night, he would talk to his brother Mike, who had just passed a few months before of the same horrible dissease. Willie also saw lots of beautiful bright colorful lights... I tend to think he was getting a glimpse of the glory of heaven. Wow, this is still hard to talk about. God gives us these things to hold on to, and so that we know, yes, there is more than just this life here. THIS life is but for a moment.

thank you all so much for your replies on this. I was a little nervous to post it but feel so much better now. Ann, I love the idea of writing these things down. I believe with all my heart it was my Grampa and my Meme letting her know they are there for her and she will be in good hands. She has been a rock and is not afraid at all of dying. She is actually anxious to be reunited with my Gramp. He has "appeared " to her many times since his passing 8 yrs ago. I believe he is waiting for her. They had a most wonderful marriage. The kind I dream of. The kind that death cannot seperate and I know they will be together again soon. Sharyn, I will go check the library today for that book. Thank you all again and I'll let ya know if I find out anything.