disney world?

kimblanchard

my dad died on march 3, only 6 days ago. i am inconsolable. i am stuck in orlando now, from dc in a crappy hotel crying and my fiance wants me to > go to disney world. i cna't , my dad loved "it' s a small world after all" too much. i hurt sooooooooooooooooo incredibly bad. he sweetly wants me to get out of the hotel room but i cannot go to disney world. i called a grief counselor today and she said that was okay. all i can do i think is take a walk in a quiet place or soemthing... does anyone else feel or have felt like that? thanks lori

Lori,

You are in tropical, sunny (?), Florida. Talk to the hotel desk clerk and ask about local gardens, etc., and take that walk. Take a box of Kleenex and find a place to let it all go - maybe a park bench or just a quiet "corner" somewhere on the grass with a hotel towel spread under your fanny to calm the grass stains. If that is what you feel your soul is crying out for, give your soul what it wants. Some place quiet, serene, full of nature and beautiful....

...and skip the people trap run by a mouse if you think it's just too much.

Be kind to yourself, you have a pretty deep hurt.

xxoo,

Becky

Dear Lori,

God Bless you. And you're family. You have every right and need to be alone to cry and feel sad. You have a road ahead of you which is long and shakey. I can't begin to tell you, but, just a bit of advice is this- feel what you feel, no matter who is around you. Go to a good place where you can remember good things, cry whenever you want to and let it go. You have every right to be sad. ((())). Please let us know how you're doing.

Joanie

Six days after losing your father you are only just beginning the grief process. Do what seems comforting to you. This is a long journey, and there are many, many more facets of grieving ahead of you. Go with it and don't hold yourself to behaving any certain way.

It's tough to lose your father. It hurts. But soon you'll be able to incorporate it into your life and move forward. It will still hurt, and you'll still have times when you are inconsolable. Just take care of yourself.

Kind thoughts,

Pam

Don't know if you're still around the Orlando area today but if so, I have a great suggestion. Hop in a car and drive over to the beach. The ocean did wonders for me after I lost Dennis. It seemed that each wave would help to take some pain away with it. I found the beach a wonderful place to think and contemplate just what life is all about. It seems that life, as we know it, seems so small and insignificant while sitting on the sand and seeing the enormous ocean. It helped me to KNOW that there has to me more waiting for us after death ! I'm about an hour or so away from Orlando.

thanks everyone for writing. well orlando was just okay. i pretty much stayed in the crappy hotel and cried and read and slept most of the time. it was sunny but it was windy, cool windy and didn't have a car as darling fiance was out and about with his three kids.. that was okay. i think sleep and crying was probably what i needed. I did get a massage and a facial one day at a really nice place at celebration, at a cost of a zillion dollars. i realize now that i'm going to go into debt during my grieving because whatever i need, within reasonable reason, i'm going to do and if that takes some $$, that's okay. later I can pay it, right now I just need whatever it takes to get me through... you know what i mean???? lori

Lori, I know what you mean! I bought a car a couple of weeks after my mom died and then a month after bought a house! I did some serious retail shopping...I just didn't care. I went through a combination of things such as realizing that life is too short and to just go out and get it to trying to keep myself looking forward to something. I didn't quite get much enjoyment out of either event because I was grieving so much, but it helped keep my mind focus on something else.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, but it will get more manageable as time passes. I know it doesn't seem like it now and uncomprehendable that you will get past this... but you will. It still hurts but it's not so frequent for me now. It goes in waves. I pray that you will have a happy day soon. Your Dad would want that for you. You also have that wonderful fiance of yours. Maybe that's what you have to help you get through this.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.