Not Good News

lilgna

Hi and thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes. However, I am not returning with good news... I am crushed after being stable for so long.. I first have some growth in the three to four lymph nodes that have been hanging around since original DX. The original tumor is still gone but these little pests, now have decided to grow. I also have some pleural effusion, that they wish to address. They said there is an outside chance that the effusion is actually infection that have caused the lymph nodes to look larger. So they must drain it to find out if it is infection or whatever it is. I have been steadily sick since December with little time, when I felt well, so maybe... I will pray for that I guess. Worst scenario, is back to the chemo room for more poison. I do not have to tell you how I feel about that, But, I will do whatever I have to I guess.. I refuse to give in or up to this horrid thing...The good news is, it has not gone anywhere else. It is till the same three to four lymph nodes, ( sometimes 3 show, sometimes 4) so when given lemons, must make lemonade I guess. Actually I am so damn sick of lemonade... Any suggestions for second line treatment would be greatly appreciated.... And as always your prayers are so welcomed.. Thanks again, gina P>S> this drain thing anyone that has had it done please let me know...how bad...

Hey Gina,

Sorry to hear that you are having changes with the lymph nodes! Ugh, this crap is not fun. The good news is that you have continued with your scans and they caught the changes early.

Hopefully you will have your new game plan soon and quickly on the road to recovery.

I will be sending you prayers,

Wendy

Hi Gina.

I am with TAnn on this one. I have had one and managed to avoid the second one. Please pm me and I will give you my version. Also, I avoided the second one because the dang effusion had disappeared on its

own. I am soooo glad that I was to have a radiologist do it. He first did the ultrasound imaging to find a good location for puncture, but could not find the effusion after it had just shown up to be of moderate size two weeks before.

The first tap that I had done was a pulm. without imaging. Thankfully, there was fluid. I think that had there not been any fluid, that I would have had a collapsed lung.

Radiologist with IV partial sedation is the way to go, in my opinion.

Best of luck to you, Gina. Hope this turns out NOT to be recurrence for you. Please let us know, okay?

Cindi o'h

Gina,

I am so sorry!! Have you finished the vaccine thearpy?

My husband had mutliple drainages(thoracentis) done and he always did fine. I was actully with him during most of the procedures and I would just stand in front of him and support him if he wanted to lean on me. He never appeared to have any pain other than the intial little stick with nolvacan to numb the area.. He always felt better and could breathe easier afterward. Good Luck with everything and I am thinking about and praying for you.

CathyW

Gina,

I just got off the lymph node roller coaster. I had a "lymph node" light up in the middle of my chest on a Pet scan. Oncologist thought it was a recurrence. Went through hell for a week. Surgeon went in with a scope and determined it was nothing more than inflamed scar tissue from my original surgery. He biopsied several tissue samples and they were all negative. Hope for the best. False positives are not uncommon in the cancer game.

Kevin

Thanks to you all for your thoughts, I did have a ultrasound guided thorencentisis on Friday, at first they could not find anything, then, they saw a very small pocket, and drained it. It was not too bad. The radiologist did it. Only got like 130 cc very little, but enough to evaluate I guess, Now I will pray it is nothing more than infection, not reoccurrence. This really stinks, as you all know.... Thanks again, today I am sore and still a little under the weather, but tommorrow is a new day..Your concerns are so very helpful.....gina

Hi Gina,

I am sorry you are so scared and are feeling down in the dumps. I certainly would be the same way.

The not knowing and the anticipation is the worse. You mind conjures up so many "what its".

Lets just pray for a positive result and that the test comes back as an infection.

Fingers and toes crossed. Keep us posted. You know we are always here for you.

Maryanne

Maryanne

Actually I am so damn sick of lemonade... Any suggestions for second line treatment would be greatly appreciated....

Lemons, tequila and some salt? Little paper umbrella and a lime slice?

Hang in there, Gina!

Becky