Im new here, Help!!!!

GREATDAD111

I was just told that I have two (2) Tumors in my left lower lobe of my lung. One is about 1cm and the other is about 4cm. I also found out that they have been there since 2001. I wasnt told about this for some reason until last week. The PET that I had lights up in the lung area only near the mass. Im due to have a biopsy next week. What could these slow growing masses be ? Any thoughts.

Thanks

Steven

http://www.spinalcordtumor.homestead.co ... steve.html

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm ... ID=1227423

Steven,

Could be a benign tumor, could be a fungal infection such as aspergillis, could be sarcodosis, could be cancer. A conclusive biopsy will tell you what it is and what it isn't.

When my cancer was discovered, the tumor was about the size of the end of my thumb - thumbnail to knuckle. My oncologist estimated the age of the growth as 3-5 years. It did not show on an x-ray just eight months earlier, but it was definitely there at the time.

It may not be cancer.

Becky

my fingers are crossed for you, too, hope you get a quick answer and a good answer. Margaret

Thanks Margaret,,,,I couldnt sleep much, as im sure you can imagine..Im going to go get ready....I still cant believe this is happining to me. Ive been through so much allready,,,,,Its just not fair.

Steven

http://www.spinalcordtumor.homestead.co ... steve.html

Steven,

I read your story and you've endured more than anyone should have to, that's for sure. I know this waiting is tough, and we all understand because we've been there too.

Just some FYI stuff--A PET lights up for one of three reasons--infection, inflammation, or malignancy. They will not know for sure why yours is lighting up until they get a tissue sample and do the pathology on it.

If it's an infection or inflammation, that's the greatest news of all, and they can give you some strong courses of antibiotic and it will be over. If it's a malignancy, you will get the appropriate treatment for it just like we all did. It's not fun, but certainly survivable.

Surgery is tough and recovery is slow, but you can do it. Chemo was not the horrid experience I was expecting. Certainly no one would volunteer for it, but I worked throughout the whole process and didn't suffer with nausea too much.

I hope for the best news for you....and please keep us posted.

Cindy

Steven,

I read your story and you've endured more than anyone should have to, that's for sure. I know this waiting is tough, and we all understand because we've been there too.

Just some FYI stuff--A PET lights up for one of three reasons--infection, inflammation, or malignancy. They will not know for sure why yours is lighting up until they get a tissue sample and do the pathology on it.

If it's an infection or inflammation, that's the greatest news of all, and they can give you some strong courses of antibiotic and it will be over. If it's a malignancy, you will get the appropriate treatment for it just like we all did. It's not fun, but certainly survivable.

Surgery is tough and recovery is slow, but you can do it. Chemo was not the horrid experience I was expecting. Certainly no one would volunteer for it, but I worked throughout the whole process and didn't suffer with nausea too much.

I hope for the best news for you....and please keep us posted.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy, They told me yesterday that the cells were adnormal. I assume that means im headed for Chemo. Ill know for sure next week. They have ruled out infection or inflamation,,,,,thanks for your support.

Steven

Yea, biopsy is the only way to know for sure....hope it turns oout well for you... Just for comparison, my tumor was 3.2x 10.1 cm....god knows how long it had been growing, they offered no estimate. But it had remained quite isolated, no spread was detected anywhere, so even my prognosis is as good as anyone's , so they say.

Anyway, a tumor the size of my fist came out , along with the entire lung, and there is no evidence of disease anywhere yet....get my first screening xray and bloodwork in next few mos. ...wishing us all luck... Rich B.