Been Lurking Too Long...Feel Like A Stalker <G>

Dazy

It has been hard for me to do this 'cause I've never had the state of mind to write the WHOLE story of what brings me here...and if I do at this point, this may never get posted :roll: but I felt kinda like a stalker - knowing all of your joys, heartaches, struggles, etc. and not even introducing myself.

Short version: Me: 41, Mom of five ranging from 26 yrs. to 2yrs. :shock: Ex-smoker (of many moons), as of 3 years ago. My Dad died of nsclc (adenocarcinoma of the lung, basically beyond a stage at dx - it was everywhere) Grandma was lung/larnyx (sp.) etc. My FIL is currently battling IIIb Squamous Cell, and I personally, am ridin' that d?#n merry-go-round called "wait & watch" for non-calcified nodules in my own lungs. They've narrowed them down to Valley Fever or malignancy...I STILL test neg. for VF...oh well...biggest one is still only .7x1 cm as of Feb...Next CT mid-May :wink:

Anyway, I have struggled with finding the words to tell ALL of you how impressed, and moved I am by your courage, and strength. When you are still chasing a dx it's hard to know where to express your fears, as you feel you don't really belong, and the posts I've read here, and challenges that have been so gracefully handled in your own battles, have helped me keep my perspective.

I was listening to the Eagles this a.m. and was, again, moved by the words to the song, "I Wish You Peace" - I can think of no better way to tell all of you what I would like to say, during our introduction. So, I'll leave those lyrics with you here. It's been great meeting all of you! Look for me on that merry-go-round...I'm the one on the pink horse with the question mark, chasing that big white horse with the DX brand on his a?#!!! :wink:

Eagles — I Wish You Peace

I wish you peace

when the cold winds blow

Warmed by the fire’s glow

I wish you comfort in the, the lonely time

And arms to hold you when you ache inside

I wish you hope when things are going bad

Kind words when times are sad

I wish you shelter from the, the raging wind

Cooling waters at the fever’s end

I wish you peace when times are hard

The light to guide you through the dark

And when storms are high and your, your dreams are low

I wish you the strength to let love grow on,

I wish you the strength to let love flow,

I wish you peace when times are hard

A light to guide you through the dark

And when storms are high and your, you dreams are low

I wish you the strength to let let grown on,

I wish you the strength to let love flow,

I wish you the strength to let love glow on

I wish you the strength to let love go on.

Love, Strength, & Hope!

Stacey

Dazy,

I, like you, lurked and read lots before sticking my toe in the water. And I, like you, am in awe of ALL the folks posting on this board! Talk about heroes! Talk about role models! Talk about inspirations! I could go on forever.

And I, like you, come from a genetic background that should have kept me as far away from cigarettes as one could get. Father - lymphoma. Mother - lc. Grandmother - breast cancer. So I find myself here meeting you.

Welcome officially now. Surely we will find you on that pink horse!!! Can't hide now!

Kasey

Hi Stacey,

Welcome! You do have something in common with us and that's fear, especially of the unknown, which is

really hard. Good luck to you and take care!

Mare

P.S. My sister has had floating nodules for years and

she fine.