Something interesting....

Kris

I'm doing some research for an article I'm supposed to write and I am finding that blueberries are an excellent cancer fighting food. They have so many other benefits to eating them like protecting against urinary tract infections, cataracts, brain damage from strokes and heart disease. I for one will be eating more blueberries!

Just thought I would pass this along. If you'd like more information, just do a "Google" search on them.

Kris

Hi Kasey,

From what I've read they need to be in their "natural" state. Processing them in any way decreases their effectiveness. So I guess baking them is out but hey!, we can still put them on top of that ice cream!! :)

Kris

PS As one member pointed out, there are other berries with these same helpful "ingredients" like raspberries!

Kris,

I'll have to read about them.. I've heard this before. We have a friend that brings my husband Elderberry jelly. She is a 4 year cancer survivor herself. Anyhow, she actually orders this jelly, by the case because the stores don't seem to stock it. There must be some truth to this berry thing.

Sue

I'm all for blueberries. They taste a whole lot better than wheatgrass (yech) ; but a friend of a friend swears that drinking an oz. of wheatgrass juice cured her ovarian cancer. I drink 2 scoops of this green powder every day in my OJ. It has everything in it including the kitchen sink. I just looked ... no blueberries :(

Interesting; Here in S. Dakota there are a few chokecherry trees left, and prairie apple trees. (I luv em green and sour, hehe.) On my excercise walks, Im raiding the neighbors trees all the time...w/permission of course. Delicious stuff and good for me of course. Not as much fun as stealin em without askin like we did when kids here, but luv to eat em.

Only problem is , noones figured out how to make em grow in the winter, so fruits are scarce here when the snow flies...but spring is here, and I see the green berries appearing now...soon, will be piggin out on em while I walk. hehe Rich B.

I have 4 large bushes that become laden with blueberries in the summer. Plus, I have planted 9 more that will start bearing fruit this year. I gorged on them last season. I still have lots in my freezer. Not as good as fresh though. I think I will start eating the frozen ones though on my dry cereal. Dr Weil says they are excellent antioxidants.

Don M