Recipe book update

Andrea

Hi everyone,

For newcomers: we are putting together a recipe book to raise funds for LCSC :)It is not too late to send in your recipes!!

We have a great team of volunteers inputting your recipes on line. However, it does take a lot of time to input each recipe, so A) if anyone has some spare time and wants to input a few recipes, please PM me or B) if anyone likes to proof read and wants to volunteer at the end, please PM me.

Also just to clarify some questions/concerns that were directed to me:

1. Your generous donations to LCSC will NOT be going towards the expense of publishing a cookbook, so do not worry :) LCSC is operating on limited funds as it is, hence the need for some fundraising. I will be paying for the printing costs myself and then will be reimbursed my out of pocket costs from the sales. (I'll probably make up the costs just from the amount of books I plan on buying. Hmmmm, I wonder, what will everyone be getting from me for Hanukah/Christmas? :):):):) You know, like those family members you wonder "should I, shouldn't I, buy a gift?" Now it is easy! )

2. 100% of the profits will be going to LCSC

3. An exact price of each cookbook has not yet been determined, it depends on the cost of publishing. I am thinking though that we will be selling for $10 each.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!

Yes, I have a say on what the cover looks like :) The two options are to use one of their covers which are pretty or design our own. They have really pretty covers, so I don't think we need to design our own unless someone really really wants to.

The book is going to be titled "A TASTE OF HOPE"

Survival cookies

2 sticks margarine

3/4/cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4/ cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 1/2 cups 100 % natural cereal

cream sugars with margarine, add eggs and vanilla. Mix flour with salt and baking soda add to creamed margarine mix, then add cereal.

Drop on cooie sheet and bake at 350degree oven for 10 minutes.

you can add raisins, chocolate or white chocolate chips etc whatever keeps you going.

hope this is not too late.

will proof read et to help out, love to read cook books.

joyce crocker