Another Mrs. Mike

Guest peggyd

Guest peggyd

I've been reading the message boards for about a month now so I guess its time I join in. I have especially been touched and have identified with Mrs. Mike as I am a Mrs. Mike as well who has been married for 35 years to a man most loved. My Mike was dx'd with sclc 3/14/03 after finding an enlarged lymph node (a virchow node) which is an indicator from what I understand of lung cancer. Our family doctor (and most recently our family friend) sent Mike for a ct scan and chest xray that very same day. Following a biopsy on the node, we were in chemo within two weeks. Mike has just finished his sixth round of chemo (carbo and vp16) and will be going for a ct scan the end of this month. The scan after three months showed some reduction in size of the lung and lymph node cancer and no change in the size of tumor in the adreanal glands. Your boards have kept me going and I am so grateful for all the encouragement they have given me. My prayers have been with all of you. Hoping to hear more good news. And, again, as much as we would hope not to be here, thanks for being here.