Not good news

Candy

Well, as much as you pray that you'll be posting in good news it doesn't always happen as we all know. We got the results of Hugh's scans and his facial numbness is definately the result of brain mets. SUCKS! He started radiation Friday and we felt somewhat better after talking to the radiation doctor who says there is about 75 percent success rate with radiation and other things that can be done if it doesn't work. I have to tell you though that I had a couple of melt downs. Hugh hates it when I cry and I try really hard not to. I just have this nagging voice telling me that he has finally been handed a death sentence. Not that the doctors are saying that. We saw the onocologist this morning for a consult. He says we will watch closely and try to put off the inevitable chemo for as long as possible so that Hugh has as long as possible to recover from his other chemo. I don't have great access to the computer right now. Too busy at work and then a rush at home as we have to go to get Hugh's radiation everyday after I get home. I will have trouble keeping up with everyone for the next couple of weeks.

Candy, the one thing good that has happened to my buddy was the whole head radiation. the last scan was a couple weeks ago, and it shows no tumors are the present time....stay positive....

buddy is starting another round of chemo tomorrow also so things will probably get a little rough again, but it can't be worse then what it had already been. we are all getting to be old shoes on these procedures....at least i hope i am.....

i know i will have many more tear attacks but who cares, it helps me to get it out......

Candy,

Sorry to hear about the brain mets but don't give up. Hugh can be in the 75% success bracket. Melt downs are okay in my opinion but not in front of him. You do need to get it out so that you can give him all of the fight he needs from you. I think that in families we feed off each others energy. If he feels that you are frightened he will feel that he is fighting a losing battle. As a caregiver you need someone who you can vent to and recieve support from. If you feel that you haven't anyone then do come here we can still give you support and cyber hugs ((((((((((((CANDY)))))))))))).

I will keep you and Hugh in my prayers.

Shelly

Candy,

My husband Bill has had great success with radiation to the brain and I would say that a 75% success rate is about as good as I have ever heard!

I have many days where it is hard to even get online anymore due to the overwhelming emotions that strike when I least expect them. I try not to cry in front of Bill but many times he sees it coming since he knows me too well.

Thoughts and prayers with you both,

Peg