Getting to Know You - October 10

Ann

I was about 16 and the guy was about 18. I wasn't at all attracted to him and I really didn't want to go out with him but my mom was friends with his mom. Anyway, we went out for dinner and a movie. The whole time he was talking about himself. As we were walking to the theatre he grabs my hand! I didn't even hardly know him but being quiet and shy I didn't do anything. All through the movie he held my hand and I sat there crying! I felt soooo uncomfortable. Because of that night I do not like the movie "Benny and Joon."

(I guess you had to be there!)

jorja

When I was in middle school, this guy that I had been sweet on in Elementary School, asked me to a dance. He had been at a different school for a couple of years and had really changed. I was no longer attracted to him at all once I got to the dance with him. He tried to kiss me and I slapped him. It was awful. Never saw him again.

Wow...this one brings back some memories! I a junior in high school and had a boyfriend that my folks really liked. He was a very nice boy but not very "cool" and at that age, being "cool" really mattered. Well, there was a really "cool" guy that I had a crush on but my mom would not let me date him. He has a fast little car and an equally fast reputation himself. Well, Johnny (Mr. A+ Cool) asked me out and I decided to make it happen. I had a guy friend that wanted to go out with my best friend, Nora. I told him I would get Nora to go out with him if he would pick me up and drop me off to meet Johnny. My boyfriend (Mr. Not Cool) called and wanted me to go to a movie but I told him I was sick and staying home. Well, being the nice guy he was, he came to see me. My mom told him I was with Steve and Nora. After leaving my house, he ran into Steve and Nora and forced them to tell him the truth. He then returned back to my house to wait on me, after telling my mom what was up. When Steve and Nora didn't meet me and Johnny to take me home, there was no option other than Johnny to take me home. Well, my folks were waiting up and I think I was lectured for most of the duration of the evening. Not cool boyfriend was there and kept throwing his two cents in. Needless to say, I was grounded for a long time and I really hated Mr. Not Cool!!! Mr. Cool was very nice and understanding, although I never went out with him again! Wow..what a terrible night that was!

Ok, last month, my first and probably last date since Earl. A guy I have known since I was a teen heard I was 'available' (how horrible). Asked me out - I said just for a drink, allowing for a short date.

OMG - do you want to know his cholestrol #, his BP #'s, the text of the eulogy he wrote for his Mother 9 mths ago. Oh, and we did not have a conversation, he performed a monologue.

Thank God for girlfriends.

Well i'm sure most of you will not believe this statement but i was very bashfull around girl's. And if they did not ask me out or had a pre-arranged date i'd be with with my bud's. Well the girl that was the best friend of my wife to be some how ended up on a date with me and i honestly do not know how it happened but happen it did.

Now once i got to know a girl i was not bashfull but this girl literally had me fighting her off of me. Hey i'm normal in sexual desires but this particular girl was totally incapable of creating any such feeling's from me to her and all i'll end up saying is it was a date from "HELL"

The worst date was prom night. The guy that I went with had a really fast corvette. Everything was going fine until we left the prom to go "riding around". Way down south in Mississippi you don't try to outrun the cops. He couldn't help it, he was trying to be cool. I couldn't help screaming, I was trying not to die. He did get arrested and I ended up having to drive the car to the county jail. You can imagine the look on the inmates faces when they saw me walk up in my prom dress. Anyway, the sheriff took me home.(Friend of my dad's) Needless to say, I never went out with him again and I think I may still be grounded (HAHA). I'm just glad to be here.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

I saw him across the parking lot as I was going into my friend, the chiropractor's office. I was telling the wife about this hot looking man. Just as I was telling her, he walked in. :oops:

She called me and told me that he was asking about me and thought that I was a hottie too.

So the chiro team fixed us up. We talked on the phone. He took me in his brand new Jag sedan to one of the best restaraunts, all the while talking about his sister's rabbit that he was babysitting. When we went back to the parking garage, his car with the license plates that said, "La-de-da" was towed. We spent the rest of the night looking for his car at the impound lot.

Never judge a book by its cover. This wasn't the worst date I was on, but it was the most disappointing date.

Cindi o'h

My worst date was the first date with my husband.

The date took place on his birthday so I met him at a bar. Prior to our date, he had gone to every bar in town to get his "free birthday drink" So, yes, he was ripped! He was loud, obnoxious and sloppy and I have no idea in the world why I gave him a second chance at a date. But I am so very glad I did because he is wonderful to me and nothing at all like he was on our first date!

Linus

I THOUGHT my worst date would be being stood up for Homecoming my senior year - it also fell on my birthday. My non-date happened to be on a restricted license because of something he had pulled the week before....

...and then, I went to college. My first year of college, I had the opportunity to go to a rivalry basketball game with a guy I didn't really know who wasn't really my type, but I gave him a chance... Oh, lordy, do I EVER listen to intuition now! LOL

Boring game, on the way back to the dorm (30 miles), his car dies...in December...in Michigan...in the snow. I was dressed for a "sports date night", but NOT moonlight cross-country skiing! To say it was cold would be an understatement. To say I enjoyed the walk in the cold in the WOODS that DO have bears would be generous. (Country roads, think "Currier & Ives" meets "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow") I could just imagine what the guy was thinking - "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun HER"...LOL

Taught me a very valuable lesson - always carry enough money on a date to pay for at least half AND a phone call!

...and I'm waiting for the question on best date!

I am still traumitized by it.

I have always struggled with weight. After I took the bar exam, I took time off and worked really hard with a trainer and lost a lot of weight. I was not skinny, but a good size 12. I should NOT be one to judge.

I was searching for a husband on JDATE and started chattign with a really nice guy, an attorney also, who had no picture. He described himself and said he played softball, did this, did that.

When he picked me up, I almost fainted. This guy was SO big that he could not fit in regular cars and had to drive a Yukon I think it was, something like that. I was not into the date at all and felt like the biggest hypocrit in the world. People were staring at us at the restaurant.

To this day it still haunts me b/c I felt so awful. Although if he were honest with me to begin with, perhaps it would have been different :)