How fast does LC spreads?

Can anyone give me info on how fast LC spreads. My mom was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago w/ stage IV. She's just now starting to talk about her options ,but I'm afraid that it will too late for a fight if she doesn't face this NOW.

The only treatment she has had is full brain radiation for a few tumors in her brain, and her dizziness has gotten much better.

Thanks

I'm like Christina I don't want to paint a dark picture either, but some lung cancer can spread faster than others. Darrell my s/o was told he needed no treatment after his 4.5 cm tumor was removed. Doctor told him he was a very lucky man to have found it so early, but less than 6weeks later they found it back in his lymphnodes and a spot on his liver. from the time they found the ones on his lymphnodes one of them grew a whole cm within 2 weeks.. Try to get her not to wait. I believe the faster treatment is started the better!! Good Luck with your mother!!!! I will say a special prayer for her tonight!!!!!! Christy

As the Onc. told my precious Dad..there is no timetable...strength, determination and treatment will plot that course and no one can predict anything...by the way...enjoy each and every day for what it is...unpredictable but wonderful. My family made a decision to never consider the length of the time. The only consideration is support, treatment and enjoying our time with each other. We take it as it comes (which isn't always easy!). Making the most of each day is important, worrying is not part of the deal because it wastes our time and makes no difference anyhow. When Dad is having a rough day we step back and let him rest, rest , rest and we do the same...God bless you and be postive..that is half the battle!!

Hi, I go along with what Sophia just said. My husband and I live our lives with one another the same way. I am not looking at trying to figure how long he will be here, nobody knows when will be their last day here on earth whether they have cancer or not so don't dwell on the cancer, just dwell on what you can do for yourselves and your mom who is going through this rough time and make time to enjoy each others company....