Winter Solstice

ginnyde

Today is my favorite day of the year. It is the start of the days getting longer (I don't like the long hours of darkness.) It is also only 4 days 'til Christmas.

But mostly it really reminds me of the joy of this season, the joy of hope. No matter where we are in this journey, we need to keep some space in our hearts for hope.

I want to send some special wishes of hope to Connie B. for successful surgery, to Beth to find some joy for her and her children in this season, to Pat and Brian to know how much we all love you, to dear Addie to get her 'tude' back, to Holly for her new baby and for her Mother to be able to share in this joy. And to everyone who is a part of our family, I wish hope and joy during this blessed season.

Ginny...I just read this in the paper and thought I would share.

The winter soltice occurs when the northern hemisphere is tilted the farthest away from the sun, resulting in the shortest day and longest night of the year. National Geographic

Wishing everyone on here a very merry Christmas and a very happy new year. I will be thinking of you all, especially the people who are having a hard time of it right now.

This is such a great time of the year, real beach weather, I love it. Bring it on!!!!

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...