Taking My Buddy On Vacation

norme

Need a lot of prayers for this one. Sunday morning we are leaving for Mytle Beach to spend a few days with our son, daughter-in-law and the three great grandchildren. Our son rented a condo and wants us to come and share it for a week. I hope I am not making a mistake. It is about 11 hour drive and Buddy says he wants to go. He has been looking so forward to doing this with his grandchildren.

I sure don't think he really has the strength for this but he has been walking his heart out trying to build some so off we are going. Him and me and a 11 hr drive. He asked the onc the other day during his treatment what he thought about him doing this and he said to him as he looked at me, GO FAR IT. He then told me that if I had any problem to take him to the nearest ER and have them call him. Somehow, I think that might be easier said then done. If any problem, we will be home in 9 hrs.....if no problem, then I will take him on a detour to see his sister who lives in Roanoke, VA for a couple days. She herself, is not in good health, but like so many, she just keeps trudging along...

So everyone stay great while we are away. YOu all still will be in my nightly prayers at home or in Myrtle Beach......God Bless

Norme,

I hope you and Buddy have a great time in Myrtle Beach with your family. You deserve the break and I'm thankful that Buddy feels up to making the trip. Drive safely and have a wonderful time and be sure to remember all the fun details to tell us about when you get back.

Take care,

Kelly

Norme,

Hope the two of you have a wonderful time on the vacation. One piece of advice....You two need to make freqent stops for Buddy (and you, too) to get up and walk around every few hours. We're at risk (all of us, not just cancer patients) to develop blood clots in our legs and lungs if we sit for too long, and this will help to keep that from happening.

Best Wishes,

Fay A.

Norme,

Will sure miss you while you are gone. I'm sure that the trip will be okay.. I understand your nervousness, that's a long road trip for well people to take but I have a feeling it will all work out for you and Buddy!

Try to enjoy..... you'll be in my thoughts! And drive safe!!!

Debi

How nice for you both, it will be great. South Carolina is our favorite vacation spot. Don't worry about the drive, I think you'll find it's not as long as you think. We usually stop in Kentucky when we make the drive and we do it much faster than 11 hours. Are you staying on the ocean? There is nothing better than listening to the ocean at night.

Dear Norme;

Have a great time in Myrtle Beach, the shore is sooothing to the soul!! and nothing better than family to boot. You both deserve this . ENJOY!! :):):)

God bless, be well and drive safe!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Dear Norme,

Enjoy the trip...the beaches there are beautiful. Have a safe one...

Just a suggestion...you might feel more comfortable on the long drive with a cell phone. If you don't have one, they now come disposeable with a set number of minutes. It just might make you feel more secure...

Best wishes,

Lynn

thanks everyone. i have my cell phone, the medicine cabinet, two canes in case i need one before this is over and a lot of tranquilizers (only kidding) a six pack instead (only kidding again).

U all hang in there and try to enjoy my being on vacation this coming week (only kidding again). Love to all of u......