More neurotic behavior, supporting my title as #1 Nut

I just wanted to share for those who are "out of the closet" and "in the closet" with anxiety problems.

I have been itchy severely, all over itching, on and off for months. I actually know it started years ago, b/c I remember takign Aveeno baths and starting that stuff. But lately it has been worse

Well as you may know, itching can be a lymphoma symptom and I get freaked out. I saw my allergist on Fri for my general 6 month visit and he said normally if someone in their 30s itches a lot, he orders a chest xray to rule out lymphoma, but since mine was giong on for years he is sure it is just allergies and anxiety.

All weekend I was harping on my itching. I could not take it. I went to the urgent care part of my dr office and asked for a chest xray.

Who else would do that???????? Loon alert! :)

I didn't know itchy skin was a symptom of lymphoma. Cripes!

Scoot over, Andrea, my skin just CRAWLS, especially my shins and my shoulder blades... I thought it was just uncomfortable and annoying, but now...

Oh, MANNNNNNN!

Snowflake--you can relax, b/c typically there are other symptoms associated with it like a gigantic swelling in your neck, weight loss, night sweats and fevers. :) It was one of those things where it was "unlikely" but I get SO FREAKED OUT. And as the dr said today, a chest xray is not completely diagnostic of it anyway, but whatever, the allergist said it is done to rule out so I got it. The amoutn of radiation in a chest xray is very small anyway.

I hate that crawling sensation! I will just have to learn to live with it.

A friend of a friend was literally diagnosed with it just from a shoulder ache. SHe had a MRI which showed a fracture which was from it.

All of those types of stories are just horrible for me b/c of who I naturally am, a worry wart!

I MUST CALM DOWN and not always think the worse.

Sigh . . . what in the world am I going to do with you, Andrea? :wink:

I MUST CALM DOWN and not always think the worse.

Yes, ma'am!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST!

You remember that PM I sent about there is ALWAYS going to be something forever - aches, pains, hurts, etc., etc. Well, I've been having really bad, excruciating pain in my hip. I never for a minute thought it was cancer or anything like that, but have avoided going to the doctor because I just ASSUMED, because of my age and general lack of proper exercise, etc., that my hip was shot and I would have to have hip replacement. I've had enough surgeries to know that they really suck and that whatever the doctors tell you about pain and recovery is about 1,000 times worse than what they say - they are all liars! LOL!!

Well, I finally gave in and went today since I have had almost no sleep for over a week, and it is nothing more than bursitis - trochanteric (sp?) bursitis. A simple steroid shot, anti-inflammatories, and I'm supposed to be as good as new in a day or two.

So,long story short, Ms. Loon, STOP IT!!!! Just sit back and get ready for the next ache or pain that is going to surface. I absolutely 100% guarantee you that they are going to come and keep on coming. Hopefully, one of these days you'll get to where I am and instead of running to the doctor will put it off as long as possible because it's such a pain in the *ss to spend all that time in those freaking waiting rooms! LOL!!

Love you, sweetie!

Peggy

Andrea - I have felt so many pains since my mom's diagnosis - neck, back, stomach, etc. I have had consistent rib pains since February (when she was diagnosed) - I had a chest x-ray in March - all clear, and finally had a CT Scan last week - all clear. It's unreal how our bodies react to stress and tragedy. It's kind of sad, because I'll never be that person that use to brush off an ache or pain, or barely even notice - now I'm SUPER paranoid about everything. So - your not alone.

I feel itchy a lot too, but it seems like certain times of the year are worse. I think itchy skin can mean a lot of things. For some reason I think it can be kidney and or liver stuff too. Charming, huh? Don't worry though...I bet it is allergies! I know what you mean though. I have become the worst worry-wart about diseases since my dad was diagnosed!

Cathy

As for intense itching... have you switched to unscented laundry detergent and fabric softener. Mike used to itch to the point of scratching holes in his tshirts until I swithed. The fabric softener.. Downy was the biggest culprit... Switched to all unscented "Free" stuff and it took care of it.

As far as the paranoia... , oh god, I am the worst worrier there is. I think it's normal when you go through the cancer experience either as patient or caregiver. You just become more aware and realize that it is not the disease that "OTHER people have".

Sue

ztweb--don't worry, the itching is usually very very intense with lymphoma and it has no relation to where lymph nodes are. I just got paranoid as usual :)

I haven't used anything new, it could be stress and allergies and hormeons or whatever. I hate worrying.

I am trying REALLY hard to listen to Peggy :)

Andrea - I bet there is a good chance the itching is from the hormones from the in vitro. Maybe try some Benedryl. Can't hurt, the worst that would happen is you'd get a good nights sleep!

But I can relate to the anxiety thing. I've had issues with a strain between my shoulder blades and cringe every time I read that was a symptom from someone's lung cancer diagnosis. Couldn't be from working at a computer all day and spending spare time on the net as well! :roll:

Hang in there, Karen