Pet Peeve

Don Wood

I know this is nitpicky but it frustrates me when people post the same exact message on three or four different boards. It is hard for me to respond, and hard for me to follow the thread of the discussion when the responses are on several boards. I would appreciate a little consideration, and you can chalk my gripe up to old age and crochitiness. Thanks. Don

Guest Michael

I completely AGREE. You're not being nitpicky. Thanks for posting. It's extremely annoying to see the same post in several categories. A little common sense goes a long way.

Not attempting to ruffle any feathers here, just playing Devil's Advocate. Consider that there are some people that don't read EVERY category and therefore may feel that not everyone else does, either. If, for example, they had a question on treatment of a friend/loved one and didn't know the staging, etc., I can understand posting on more than one board (Late stage, early stage, SCLC...along with a request for prayers - Spiritual). What would help would be a posting in ONE category such as SCLC and a "see abc message in SCLC" in the others the individual felt the post related to.

I know that I don't read all the categories on the site nor do I assume that everybody else reads them all. I have not posted the same message on more than one board but can see why some might (and I do understand the complaint of there being more than one discussion running on the very same topic). Many people are not computer savvy, but still have a need for the information this site provides. I would think a PM with some "user friendly" instructions would not be amiss for someone new in the game - after all, the "Team" we are on is not one of common backgrounds/styles/education, we all share a common "demon". (...and the person/people that are the offenders may not even read this post and know that what they are doing is not "PC".)

Glad to hear that Lucie is home, Don.

Keep the faith,

Becky

Sorry, I'm one of the guilty ones! When I first got on to the site, I didn't understand how it worked and posted the same message in 3 different areas. I was desperate for feedback and thought I'd have better luck in three different areas. If there some place on the site to go to get the protocol? I'm sure I've continued to commit some faux paus' along the way. Now that I know, however, I can make sure that I don't do it again. Better to speak up then to let it go.

Don't take it as lack of consideration, just ignorance. If I continue to fumble would really appreciate someone gently pointing it out. No hard feelings and no need for frustration here! Hoping everyone is hanging in there.

Hey Don, you old coot, I agree with David.

But who says a little crotchitiness isn't a good thing now and again anyway? I have to say I'm almost tempted to place the exact same post in ALL of the forums just to "get you", but I won't. Just the idea of it makes me chuckle though. And I too am glad Lucie is home. Take care crotchity,

David P.

I know what you mean! I am very active on another board that actually has to do with my employer.

Guys will ask the same question on 4 different forums and if I only see one of them and answer, the other folks reading the OTHER forums think "we" (I am one of my employers reps in this discussion board) are snubbing them.

What I do is try to be polite and do a post with a link to the thread that I answered on. It usually kills the stray threads toot sweet.