Best Friend NSCLC Stage IIIB

I'm a 12 year clear cell kidney cancer (RCC) survivor whose best friend has recently been diagosed with NSCLC - stage IIIB. I've been on a clinical trial of Avastin and Tarceva for just about two years. Some shrinkage of mets at first and disease stabilization since. Interesting the the same combination is being explored for various types of lung cancer.

A RCC discussion forum has been a tremendous help for me. It looks like this community will help me give my good friend similar support.

Holly Moore

Philadelphia

Hello Holly and welcome.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. This is a wonderful place to get information, answers to questions and just plain support.

Feel free to ask any questions you or your friend may have and someone will surely be along soon with an answer or advice!

Chris

Welcome Holly and congrats on being a 12 year cancer survivor.

I am just across the Delaware, but all of my favorite doctors are at Pennsylvania Hospital. There are many of us here from the Phila Area, and anyone of us would welcome the chance to talk with you and/or your friend.

You can send me a PM.

gail

Greetings all, thanks for the warm welcome. I've passed on your good wishes to my friend, Nadine, too. This was her first day for chemo and radiation. A long day but she seems reluctantly ok with the experience. Everybody at Pennsylvania Hospital has be great.

Holly Moore

Philadelphia, PA