Pneumonia

angelofcharlie20

Hi All,

My Father has been in the hospital since last Sunday for pneumonia. They've done a few diagnostic tests for verification. He's been on antibiotics since Sunday, but nothing has worked. He had a bronchoscopy on Saturday and the results still aren't back yet.

I'm just so afraid that this will do him in. Anyone experience this before that can help?

Sorry if the post is a little choppy...

Shirley

Shirley,

I don't know if this will help or not. My son who had osteosarcoma (bone cancer) would get so ill from the large doses of chemotherapy he was receiving, that on quite a few occasions he was placed on several (4 or 5) IV antibiotics (together) for weeks at a time. He also contracted MRSA and VRE which are antibiotic resistant organisms. He spent quite a bit of time in the hospital, but eventually he did respond to the treatment.

Hang in there and keep the faith that everything will be okay and your dad will respond also. I will keep you and your dad in my prayers.

God Bless,

Sharon

Shirley,

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write to you sooner, my husband is having some serious problems of his own. You know I'm sending prayers your way for your dad to get better.

It's unfortunate that he isn't responding to the antibiotics, like Sharon said about antibiotic resistant germs like MRSA, they can be real pains in the u - know - what. My dad had MRSA and when he came home, you have to be in as sterile as an environment as possible.

What is your dads' onc. saying? or it this being dealt w/ by his pcp?

I know you're worried about this doing him in, but I'm very hopeful that the drs. will get this under control. I think the fact that with cancer, just makes it a more difficult situation to handle.

I'm here if you need to PM me.

Please take care of yourself.....

Grace....

btw- which hospital is he in? I only ask because you know because of my brother.....