Hospice finially, but too real

Gwen - I am so sorry it has come to this. I think it is EXPECTED for you to feel all undone. It is a culmination of a lot of emotions but it is the right and loving thing to do. Allow yourself some time to be undone.

I agree with Deb. The book Final Gifts is a good one to read and helps you to find a bit of peace in this difficult time.

Good Luck,

Karen

I'm so sorry. It is a difficult step and feeling undone, well I get that.

Hospice is there to help you through, not to take over, so you will still be right there.

I pray you find some sweet moments to carry you through and that hospice is helpful for you both.

Gwen, My mom just started hospice care.We have met several members of the team and I will say I feel blessed as I could not have hand picked better people to be the ones to help her and the rest of the family through this transition. Death is just a transition into a new experience for our spirits. I believe we are spititual beings having a human experience.While I will miss my mom more then I can say I can accept that she will just be continuing on in her lifes journey.

Starting hospice does not mean death but rather a shift in the focus of care from treatment to that of providing comfort for what time is left in one's physical or human life.

I see several people recommended the book Final Gifts do get it as it is a fantastic book to read. Take care and know you are not alone.JanMarie