Taxotere and fatigue

Maryanne

I know fatigue is a side effect of Taxotere. But should you be very fatigue after 2 weeks. His fatigue seems to have gotten worse. This is 2 weeks since his last treatment. He was doing really good and had a good time at the affair, even fast dance. That morning before the party he showered and went to breakfast with a friend they walk a bit he came home got dressed, we drove 60 miles to the party and he was fine.

Yesterday and today he is very fatigued. Mind you this is 2 weeks since his treatment. Does this chemo effect you at different times? He is also SOB but that is to be expected.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else had that kind of reaction.

He also said that he get a little blood when he blow his nose.

thanks,

maryanne :wink:

Maryanne,

My husband is on Cisplatin/Gemzar. He also has been having severe fatigue and SOB at times even 2 weeks out from his last treatment. I began to track his blood work carefully, and realized that he was having those particular symptoms when his RBC and Hemoglobin are at their lowest. These particular 2 symptoms seem to associate far more to his blood counts than to recency of a treatment. Hope this helps! mc

I was fine on low-dose Taxotere during radiation treatment -- went to work 4 days a week (only missed on infusion day) and generally kept up with everything. That all changed when I finished radiation and went to every 3-week Taxotere. The fatigue was just crazy. I would receive the Taxotere on Friday and I wouldn't be out of bed till Wednesday. I got through it by reminding myself that each session completed brought me closer to the last treatment.

Good luck to your DH.

Trish

Maryanne,

Yup, fatigue is fairly common on Taxotere. Tony was on the Taxotere/Gemzar combo (21 days, day 1 & 7) and he turned into a complete zombie around his 4-5th treatment.

Blood when you blow your nose was and is a common occurance for Tony. Our experience has been that the chemo has an effect on mucus membranes, therefore the whole mouthsores, bloody nose, etc. thing happening.

Good luck to Joel as he continues on with his treatment.

Welthy

I was treated with Taxotere, and my reactions were about the same. It seemed very, very wierd, but it was almost like the reaction was delayed 10 days or so from treatment.

I wouldn't feel too bad for the week after treatment, and then it would hit and I would be exhausted.

I would end up recovering just in time for my next treatment. :(

Tell Joel to hang in there.

Best Regards,

mike_s

Someone on here once referred to taxotere as taxoterror-- and that was true for John. He had more pain, muscle aches etc. with that than the others (until Alimta-- that was very hard on him). Keep Joel drinking water to flush it out-- I feel for him-- hopefully it is killing all those little buggers and worth what he is going through.