Pray for us testing tomorrow

yellowbow

Going for neck and spine scan tomorrow. The surgery that was suppose to be done Dec 4th never happened. Maybe good it didn't, People seem to think it was evpermemal! :cry: So it has been a very trying week. Couldn't find anyone to help take John for testing last week, so called in Hospice. They got us a bed and things and helping me get him to test. Them see if they stay or not. Insurance will pay for 180 days. But I have the deduckable starting again in Jan. Worry about paying that' still oue from last. Trying to run the truckbut, not making money. Don't know if I should still try to keep it going or not. Just to many things. If I didn't have to worry about this money thing. What happens If you can't keep up the Health Ins. payments?

http://clarkhoward.com/

Click on above link to be redirected. Clark howard is a nation wide known consumer advocate. His site may hold some answers for you on this topic. I will see if I can find anyhting else that may help.

I think you did a very smart thing in calling in hospice. Are they helping you out quite a bit? I hope so.

Regarding your insurance payments and deductible - does your oncology office or hospital have a social worker available to you? They are usually very experienced in helping patients and their families with these types of concerns and related arrangements.

You have a lot on your plate. In spite of that, happy holidays. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you all for answering. and for link. Hospice, is really helpful. They are so kind. It was the hardest thing to call them. I felt like we were giving up. I keep thinking how last Christmas was . Went back to see my parents,cause John said they are getting old and Mother having troubles. Never knowing what would happen to my John. Merry Christmas to all of you's and love and enjoy like it is your best ever! God Bless

Moon,

Wish you were closer...Don't let the insurance lapse. They will cancel you. Especially with John sick.

What is John's stage? If it is a IV, he is eligable for Medicare and SSI. I am sorry you kids are having financial problems.

Stay positive and keep fighting. We are here for you and keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless aand Merry Christmas,

Hugs,

Karen

John is in stage 1V nsclc. met to brain. Did have brain surgery. Said got it all and than radation. Now back again. It did srink in lung back in Oct. But John is in pain now on the other side. And didn't get to go for test today. He went down in shower, not hurt his self. They got John up and into bed and gave him ox. So now they are saying he might be to sick for treament. :(

Moon,

You need to apply for his Social Security Disability. Being stage IV he automatically qualifies. He will not be turned down. Call the Social Security office and they will help you get the ball rolling. He will also get Medicare coverage...

I am sorry he is so sick. I have had two brain surgeries from a met. Keep us posted, in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless & "Merry Christmas"

Karen

We can't go for SSI cause we still have the big truck. I did find a driver for it,but don't get much from that. May have to let it go. Alot going on with that now and takes alot to keep it going.

But need something answered if you know Karen or amyone. John is having pain. He is on Fentanyl patch 50 Put another one on and have given 2 percocet 5-325mg and 2 morphine sul 15mg He still feels pain. This last morphine is suppose to be fast acting. John is a big guy 6'4" 150 w He said I won't be able to take care of him pretty soon.

The Dr say's John is too week for Chemo or surgury.

Praying for a turn around