5 down 29 to go

barbara5452

Finished my 1st week of radiation, and as you all told me it wasn't that bad. I hope week two goes the same. I start chemo on Monday 1 time a week while having radiation and couple after radiation. I pray it all works. Drug being used are Taxotere and Carboplatin, would like to know if anyone else had or has chemo with this drugs and what side effects it may have, Dr says people usually tolerate them well. In the packets they give you just afew are gone over, I was so disappointed at the support sheet given to me, No local support groups on LC its all breast cancer, prostate cancer. It is so sad that we dont get the support as those other groups. I hate to say this but its like LC is looked down upon as a self caused disease when there are so many out here who have never smoked. I would love to see that change during my lifetime. Keep on praying for us all....

I had taxol/carbo along with daily radiation and handled things pretty well. Had a bit of an issue with my esophagus for a week or two.....that was it. I kept up with the nausea meds and was not sick and really didn't lose ALL my hair........but most of it! ConnieB always says it is 'doable' ~ and it is. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kasey

Hi Barb....been thinking of you....glad to hear things went well for you and praying for the rest to go even better...Keep those spirit's high and think positive...

Yes a real shame in this country that they won't give LC patients a break...but what's new?? Lots of favoritism shown and that my friend is pitiful....BUT...we have the Lord to fall back on...prayer's work better than politician's..Amen!!!!

hugs..PamS.

Like several others here, I had the weekly Taxol/Carbo with daily radiation for about 7 weeks. The radiation was straight on my mediastinum and my discomfort in the esophagus seemed to last a couple of months (soft foods for many weeks). After completing initial treatment, I then had consolidation chemo treatment for 6 more weeks. For some reason, that series of chemo treatments did more damage to my RBC and caused anemia so I was constantly tired. I also lost most of my hair during the second series. But today I feel great and I know the treatments were defiantly worth the mild discomfort.