UPDATE on Dad

He isn't well at all. He has lost control of his bladder and is falling often. I am leaving Saturday morning to go see him. He has two sisters that live about 3 hours from me and they are trying to get here to go with me. There is a bit of good news though. He went to the ER last night and my best friend is a nurse at the hospital he went to. She had them order a CT of his brain. NO METS!!!!! Praise the Lord! She called me last night to tell me. BUT, he has a VERY BAD case of shingles. He isn't eating and is dehydrated. I imagine the Shingles could be what is causing a lot of his pain and weakness. His girlfriend also told me that he isn't able to grasp his medicine anymore and that she has to open his mouth for him and place the pills in his mouth now. He is also becoming angry and combative. I don't know what to think. Has anyone ever had experience with shingles?

His voice is also very weak and he can barely be heard or understood. Any prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated.

I have had shingles and like Kasey said, it is probably the most painful experience that i have ever had. So, I'm sure this is very difficult for your dad right now. I'm keeping you and your dad in my prayers.