Hallucinating???

Yep. See 'em every now and then myself.

Is she on pain medication? What I see is spiders crawling on the wall in my peripheral vision. When I turn my head, they miraculously disappear. Since I hate spiders, this really freaked me out the first few times it happened, now I turn to see if they disappear, and if they don't THEN I freak out...

I don't know if it's a hidden side effect, but I do know I'm not the only one. I'd tell you about my hospital experience, but those hallucinations were x-rated..LOL

She's not crazy, she just seems that way!

I've had the same thing going on for a few years, long before I got involved with the cancer crowd. I'll be working with something on the kitchen counter, for example, and a roach or some nondescript bug will catch my attention in my peripheral vision to the left, darting further left and out of view. If I turn to look, there's nothing there. Moves much faster than the standard "floaters" which most people have from time to time.

But I didn't realize there was an x-rated version available. I should probably upgrade my subscription! :wink: Aloha,

Ned

My mom had a real strong reaction to the fentanyl patch also. She was seeing dogs and pink raincoats. I was really freaked when I went in to see her and she was talikng about the dogs that were in the hallway of the hospital. I made the MD change her pain meds and she stopped "seeing things" within hours of the patch being removed.

My hubby sees what he calls water buffalos in his drinks. He gets angry that they are in there and needs a new glass and drink. He sees and hears a lot of things these days...Are the bugs upsetting to her? If so, I would say something to her doctor and see if you can get something else.

Flowergirlie