Friends took care of us today

Barbb

This afternoon our best friends (a couple) came over and he cut the wood and we ladies loaded it into the pickup. We got two huge pickup loads up to the barn and unloaded. They offered to come back and try to get the wood splitter going and help me split. They also helped me stack the smaller stuff by the house. This was a job I really wanted to do because we just love to use the wood stove. I am so happy to have such good friends. Plus, they brought home made lasagna and we had a nice meal together, Rod even ate some!

Barb

Barb:

Hey I know how blessed you must feel. I had friends come over one day last summer and they cut up and split and stacked 3 cords for me. I had a small clearing cut out on my property and there were some downtrees left over from last year. It was the first time I saw a mechanical wood splitter in action. Those things are amazing. One of the guys had one that he tows around on a small trailer. It runs on a Briggs and Stratton engine and uses hydraulics to drive the wedge piston. I helped run the splitter. One of the guys just called and asked if my wood was put up yet. When I said no, he offered help and I accepted. Last year I put up my own wood, but just did not have the oomph for it this year. I have a nice fire going in the insert at the moment. I fed them pizza and sweet well water.

Don M

Don,

We have a wood splitter like your buddy's. We just couldn't get it started! It was bone dry as far as gas. I called our son in Phoenix about 4 times for advice since Rod was napping. Anyway, our friend Howard suggested when Rod is feeling awake they will come again and Rod can advise Howard on how to get it going. I like to run the hydraulics, haven't done it in a few years tho.

Barb