Stage IV Grandfather/Update Grandfather passed

Fishingbuddy

I just wanted to report that the funeral services were huge. This was quite possibly the largest funeral that I have attended. The chapel at the funeral home was literally "standing room only." My Grandfather moved so many people's lives, I was awestruck.

Knowing his condition, my Grandfather's preacher asked him during his final days what to say at the funeral. My Grandfather told him to do what he did best, PREACH. The service was much like a Sunday service, we even had an altar call in the funeral chapel.

This is EXACTLY as he would have wanted, and I am sure he was watching with a huge smile on his face.

He is doing as he always did, going ahead of us to prepare a place when we get there!

Once again, THANK YOU! I cannot say that enough. Just conversing with people that understand the issue has been good medicine.

This Friday 2/08 would have been his 80th birthday. I believe that I will have a piece of chocolate cake for him. (By the way, Friday is also my son's 7th birthday--SAME NAME, SAME BIRTHDAY).

Please continue prayers for the family. Some of us are still having a hard time coping. I myself am smiling, knowing he is no longer in any pain and he has probably already out-fished me.

• 2 weeks later...