Thank you

Conniejo

What you all have wrote to me so far as already been helpful.. I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My hubby went out last night with a friend and did guy stuff...went to drag races and a car show..he had a great time.... today he is mowing the yard and doing a few things around here.. He has alot of fight in him that's for sure.. I'm just scared the doctor will take away his hope when he gets the biopsy report with news like ..you have 6 months and with treatment 8 maybe. I'm thinking not have the doctor say a word and just go for the treatments. have to ask hubby what he wants to know or doesn't want to know.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Connie,

I have been fighting this disease for 8 years and have yet to have my oncologist tell me how long I have. He doesn't really know for sure and you can't believe the statistics - we are all different. Sounds like your husband is keeping active (this is good). I know it is scary but just try to stay positive.

Let us help you.

God Bless,

Nancy B

Hi Connie,

I only asked because I wanted to know exactly where I stood and for me the more I know the better I can fight. I think it's up to the cancer patient as to what they want to know and not know and that should be made clear to the doctor from the get go. It's an individual choice and one that should be respected by everyone involved. Good Luck!

Rich

"Conniejo" ...I'm just scared the doctor will take away his hope when he gets the biopsy report with news like ..you have 6 months and with treatment 8 maybe. I'm thinking not have the doctor say a word and just go for the treatments. have to ask hubby what he wants to know or doesn't want to know.

Connie, I have a strong opinion on this, but instead of going on my usual rant whenever the subject comes up (and wreaking havoc with my normally fine blood pressure), please read the responses to a similar question in this recent discussion thread:

http://lchelp.org/l_community/viewtopic ... highlight=

Aloha,

Ned

Ned,

I have strong feelings on this too... I was told 30 years that I only had 4 weeks to live...then 5 years ago I was told they only give me 3. I feel he will be stronger and more positive if he doesn't ask because it will always be in the back of his mind what they THINK... I will have a talk with him before his app. and see what he wants to do.

Connie-

I truly do believe that its up to the individual person if they want to know or not altho I can tell you that I wished I had NEVER asked. Once its in your brain, you can't get it out!!! I have passed my so-called deadline by 7 months but now each time I get a scan I freak because I think this is it.

Let your husband decide but if he doesn't want to know, you need to let the onc know immediately upon starting your appt. Who knows, maybe he's one of these guys who doesn't quote statistics - I hear there are some out there!

Good luck - keep us posted!!

Hugs - Patti B

I'm just scared the doctor will take away his hope when he gets the biopsy report with news like ..you have 6 months and with treatment 8 maybe.

You know that you never let the cancer win this way! what is a prognosis and educated GUESS

Live the way you want and beat the crap out of the cancer!Hugs and Prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!