Terrible Two's

ursol

My baby girl (two and a half) is getting worse by the day. I cannot seem to control her at all. Neither can my mother. She also has figured out that mom is sick and cannot run fast or go up the stairs, so she takes advantage of that. I continously find her with mascara on her face, and lipstick all over her mouth, writings on my walls or desks, temper tantrums all the time when she does not get her way.

Please tell me this gets better.

Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's on the site.

I remember just like it was yesterday how both my kids were at that age - it was almost as if I tucked these precious little ones into bed one night and the next day they were monsters. It wasn't actually that quick a process - that is just how it seemed to me. By the same token the process wasn't reversed immediately either, but when they changed back to their sweet selves a peace came over the household.

I was healthy when that happened to me though and I can't imagine how draining it must be when you aren't in top form.

So, yes, it does end - you just need to hold on to your sanity until that day arrives. Take care.

Linda

My granddaughter Jayla just turned 2 on 6/11 and I don't know that we have hit the extreme terrible 2's yet but I think she is working her way up there. She is basically a good kid. She takes real good care of her Bampa. I have custody of her and when she goes to visit her mother on the weekends it takes a day or two to "DEBUG" her so to say. I seem to be the only one able to control her behavior. It does seem that she can run a little faster everyday though.

Hang in there. It does get better.

Denise

I think Katie had a clone of my daughter! :lol:

Your daughter is definitely taking advantage of your weakness. That's what they do! :(

The good news is that the better they are at it, the brighter they are so at least you know you're raising a genius! :D

Most of us who have gone through this have not done so while battling cancer and we still almost went NUTS! :?

I echo strongly the advice to get part time day care, play group, etc. for her. You can't take care of either of you if you don't first take care of yourself.

Carole

Lilly,

Thanks for the smile. Boy did you hit Katie's button! That is the most I have seen here write in one posting.

I wasn't sure I was going to survive my daughter either. She is going to be five in a couple of weeks and her behavior has improved significantly. We used to battle over snacks (me saying no...dinner is in ten minutes) and shopping used to be bad when I would tell her no (we left halfway through the weekly shopping a couple of times and then sat in the car for 15 minutes while she had a meltdown...couldn't get her into the carseat). My daughter is an absolute delight now and so loving.

It does get better.

If you can get a friend or family member to take her for a few hours on the weekend so you can rest, I recommend you do it.

Hang in there.

Mendy