The mosquito pass, please

Muriel

I thought I'd get my request in early as Ry is only partially present these days. :lol::lol: I'm going to Minnesota - the land of mosquitos - next week. We're leaving on Wednesday and will return the following Tuesday.

And guess what, Patti. I'm not trying to outdo you, but Sun Country said I could drive the plane and land it (unlike some who studied flying in FL). Next, I'm hoping to drive one of those things out at the Kennedy Space Center - and I don't mean a bus.

Muriel

Well Muriel stock up on bug perfume. I understand what you mean about Ry. But then again I think you missed chat last night too. LOL

Flying a plane is a piece of cake. Patti is studying to pilot an Ark. Can't wait to see her land that!!!

You take care Muriel and have a great trip.

Remember Randy's tip

7. No More Mosquitoes

Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.

I wonder if it just keeps them away from your a$$ or your whole body. :lol:

Have a great trip Muriel.

Denise

Muriel-

Have fun!!! I PM'd you this morning but see that you didn"t respond!! :(:(:(

SOME of us were quite worried about where you were last night!!

And by the way, you FLY a plane, you don't drive one!!! Everyone stay out of Minnesota!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I have acquired my Class II Ark license so I will be sailing that around once Bruce and I get it built!!! We can anchor it in Florida and take you for a ride!!!

Have fun on your trip - PLEASE be safe!!!!

Patti B.

Have a great time, Muriel!

And by the way, Patti, I refer you to your first "ark" posting where you volunteered to DRIVE it! (I see you now plan to SAIL it even though--to the best of my knowledge--arks don't come with sails. :lol:)

Affectionately,

Carole

(See http://lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?p=367085 for my update, which includes no steering of any kind; i.e., I am adrift! :lol:)

Have fun Muriel but don't listen to Randy's advice. We heard that months ago and sent our grandson out on the dock night fishing with a scented dryer cloth in his pocket. Must have been the wrong scent cause he came back in BIT UP!

Judy in Key West

Thank you, thank you, thank you Carole. Of course you DRIVE an Ark or a boat (guess they call them ships in the Navy).

Thanks, Judy for the mosquito info. I was afraid that dryer sheets were too good to be true.

Ry, I'd love to have lunch. Do you mind driving to the Det. airport? I'll ask Sun Country if it's ok for me to drive the plane there on the way back to FL. I'm sure they won't mind.

Muriel

Hold everything! When does your plane arrive in Mpls? Remember some of us members LIVE here in MinnEsOta!! I'll try to mow my lawn the day you arrive and say, WELCOME BACK MURIEL! Wouldn't you doo doo your pants if you saw that out of the planes window? :wink: LOL LOL LOL!

It sure would be GREAT to get the chance to meet you!

The mosquito's are very much ALIVE AND WELL here in MinnEsOta!

They just MIGHT take over the plane your DRIVING if you don't watch out. We have a BUMPER CROP this year of these little buggers!

You have my phone number right? Well, if you have time, give me a call when your here. I'll let the little buggers know that fresh blood is on it's way. (slap, slap, swat, hit) teeheeteehee.

Hugs,

Connie

It's so reinforcing and empowering to see others agree with me re: driving planes. Do you suppose it's only in MinnEsOta that they call it driving? Like casseroles and Hot dishes (I no longer can remember which one is "Minnesotan").

Connie, I'll send you a pm re: our MN trip. Wouldn't want the keg bus/ark to show up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Muriel

Well Muriel. Tom was a pilot and he always FLEW his planes. I suppose as long as it does not leave the ground it can be called DRIVING. Although if you are still on the runway it would be TAXIING.

Denise

Thanks for that tidbit of info., Denise. :roll: However, I don't care how many pilots we have around here, I'm planning to drive the plane at about 30,000 ft. Call it what you want, I'll be steering it and making decisions re: where, etc. Would Tom like to travel with us?

Muriel

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too TOO FUNNY! Details, Details, Details!! I'll be the backseat driver if you want Muriel! Gotta have one of them!!!! You know why there's always a back seat driver don't you? Mostly when men are driving and women get stuck in the backseat. It's because when the Pilot (frontseat driver) screws up, the backseat driver smacks the frontseat driver in the back of the head and says, "Pay attention to where the hell your going or what your doing!" :wink: It's a hell of a job, but someone has to do it!

"Muriel"]Thanks for that tidbit of info., Denise. :roll: However, I don't care how many pilots we have around here, I'm planning to drive the plane at about 30,000 ft. Call it what you want, I'll be steering it and making decisions re: where, etc. Would Tom like to travel with us?

Muriel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm turning in the mosquito pass, but may need a "Fay" pass. The last report indicates that Fay will be just east of downtown Orlando about 8pm Tues. night and near Cocoa Beach by 8 Wed. morning.

I'll update the hurricane info. in the General section - unless we lose power.

More about MN later. We came back a day early. Didn't arrive in Orlando till midnight and now it's 3 am.

Muriel

Muriel, Welcome back. I hope you guys fare as well as we did in Key West. Nothing more than a few green leaves on the ground in our back yard. The media hype is horrible and gives us a bad name. We Floridians look like nut cakes to live here!

Judy in Key West

Glad you made it home safe and sound. I think Fay is losing it's strength so they say!!!!!!

We/I had a GREAT TIME meeting YOU! If anyone can believe this, Muriel is just as wonderful in person as she is on the board! :wink: It was an honor and pleasure to meet you my friend! ((((Muriel))))

Hope you and Con had a nice flight home.

Talk to you soon.