Downward spiral

Hello everyone, hope you remember me. My dad left the hospice to come home. He was home for about a month. However over the weekend everything took a downward spiral. We took him back to the hospice yesterday. It doesn't seem like there's much time left. Although he was home I feel like we should have done more together. I think the hardest thing yesterday was knowing he may never see his home again. It just became too much for my grandfather, who kept getting frustrated with him. Dad is complaining of his left side hurting now also. He is also urinating blood, which I don't know why. The pain is getting worse and he is just going in and out of it. I took a personal day today, but my grandfather is going to work as is my uncle and my sister staying after school, and my husband going to the gym after work. I know I can't drain myself, but I know I'll recover. Its just frustrating how everyone goes about their day.

Hi lillie,

Sorry to hear about your father. I can underdstand how you feel. When dad got to that point, I too was beating myself up about not doing this or that with him or telling him more things.. PLEASE dont agonize over it too much, just try to be there for him now as much as you can.

Thoughts going out your way!

Shelli

I just got back from the hospice. Dad was in the dining room having breakfast. It seems that he is losing his motor skills. His hands kept dropping onto his plate. Is this a sign that he's close to dying. I just want to know when. The one assistant there said she was so suprised to see how much he declined since his last stay there. She said she thought that maybe there was a mistake last time he was there as if it wasn't necessary. Please give me some signs to look for so i know when it's time to say good-bye :cry:

There are no signs! everyone else I think is in denial and thinks that the situation will improve if they ignore it!! It wont You are doing the right thing!

Cherish yesterday remember today and pray for tomorrow!!!!!